Lead Site Reliability Engineer
> Your Opportunity
Charles Schwabs STS Leads thrive in a leading-edge work culture while focusing on products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and a team environment and deliver innovative, value-based reliable solutions. A proven track record of delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly is key to success in the role.
The successful candidate will bring an ability to prioritize, to communicate clearly and compellingly, and to understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence building and leveraging a strong team. Our Leads drive their organizations to continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
The SRE Lead for PEGA and Business Process Management Technology (BPMT) is an individual contributor role and will be responsible to drive the teams workings on high availability, maintainability, support and automaton of the PEGA based systems including MyQ. This leader will drive change within the BPMT organization to build a world class SRE organization heavily focussed on automation and availability.
What you are good at
- Lead the SRE & DevOps strategy for Pega based applications for the Cross Enterprise Services organization
- Communicate strategic technology plans to associated business partners ensuring collaboration across technology and the business.
- Regularly interact with senior technology leaders, product owners and business partners.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the applications and the environment
- Lead highly experienced technologists, creating successful plans to deliver solutions to the business, ensure day-to-day support, high availability and process compliance
- Lead Operational delivery and Production support focusing on proactive monitoring, rapid response for Pega based applications
- Perform proactive daily system monitoring including reviewing system and application logs as well as responding to, triaging, troubleshooting and remediating incidents.
- Repair and recover from failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders and clients, escalating where appropriate.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - software, application and network.
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications
- Identify applications reliability and availability improvements, establish and build solutions to continue to drive an improved experience.
- Develop and manage continuous deployment and integrate solutions
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc
- Collaborate with Engineering, Scrum and Ops resources to provide technical expertise and support on key initiatives for system availability and reliability.
What you have