Fraud Ops Specialist 4 - Classes coming soon!
The Fraud Ops Specialist 4 is an entry level position responsible for assisting in efforts to ensure fraud risk policy and controls are applied to minimize the impact of fraud incidence and prevent loss in coordination with the Fraud Operations team.The overall objective of this role is to assist in managing fraud losses by ensuring analysts make appropriate decisions using risk/reward balanace methodology. Responsibilities:
- Perform dispute review of Fraud claims that may be submitted in error or may be knowingly submitted to avoid repayment of charges
- Contact card members to verify changes, requests and potential fraud applications and investigate unbilled and posted transactions
- Investigate claims involving our high value and Base customers, including claim challenges, and detect fraud rings in their early stages
- Investigate compliance sensitive processes involving significant financial and regulatory risk, and make discretionary decisions
- Respond to escalations as appropriate regarding dispute claims and verify accuracy of manual processing and process controls
- Partner with Fraud Policy to review High Risk claims and provide insight into emerging loss trends
- Balance Net Promoter Score and ensure a positive customer experience while managing / minimizing operating losses
- Comprehend, determine and direct the specific verification / investigative procedures to be used in the processing of a customer's information
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 1 year Retail Services Fraud Operations and Dispute/Investigation experience
- Ability to process both inbound and outbound client calls
- Robust analytical skills and high attention to detail with the ability to interpret data and organize information
- In-depth working knowledge of FEW processes and procedures
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
Job Family Group:
- High School diploma or equivalent
Operations - Services Job Family:
Fraud Operations Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting