This job posting isn't available in all website languages ☰ Amerex Brokers LLC: Sr. Retail Energy Consulting Analyst New Financial Services 18000956 Requisition #
Position: Senior Energy Consulting Analyst
Department: Amerex Energy Services
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer, Retail Energy Services Manager
Founded in 1978, Amerex Brokers LLC is a leading over-the-counter energy brokerage offering services in electricity, natural gas, emission credits and allowances, renewable energy credits, data services and retail energy procurement consulting. Amerex offers liquidity and timely execution to meet the needs of a global client network of more than 1,000 firms. Amerex is a wholly-owned subsidiary of (NYSE: GFIG), a leading inter-dealer broker specializing in derivatives products and related securities.
Started in 2004, Amerex Energy Services (AES) is the retail consulting division which advises commercial, industrial, institutional and governmental entities in developing and implementing energy purchasing strategies. Operating in all deregulated electricity and natural gas markets across the U.S., AES offers unmatched market intelligence and depth of experience in providing comprehensive energy price risk management services. Headquartered in Sugar Land, TX, we offer a dynamic and fast-paced work environment centered on a culture of teamwork and growth.
Sr. Energy Consulting Analyst
- This position is critical to the success of our consulting services sales and client services management efforts. The role is focused on the facilitation and coordination of communications throughout the sales process between internal Amerex stakeholders and external client and supplier relationships. Familiarity of deregulated U.S. electricity or natural gas markets is required. This position also requires the ability to independently manage selected client relationships and perform critical account management duties. The Sr. Energy Consulting Analyst will play a pivotal role in providing Energy Consultants’ direct assistance with the acquisition of new clients, and the successful management and retention of those clients.
- Work with assigned Energy Consultants and Technical Team to manage and support the sales process from initial data collection, through contract closing, deal entry and post-contract customer service. Role should improve efficiency and effectiveness of Energy Consultants.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the business operations of both wholesale and retail divisions.
- Continuously understand decision maker dynamics and assess current and future needs.
- Establish when to escalate issues to ensure resolutions are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Collect and maintain usage information and documents from clients, utilities and suppliers.
- Prepare, submit and manage Requests for Proposals (RFP) for electricity or natural gas contracts on behalf of clients to qualified retail suppliers. Aggregate responses and ensure accuracy and conformity, working with Technical Team as needed. Prepare summary assessments for evaluation by Energy Consultants and clients.
- Following contract execution by clients, transmit documents to retail suppliers, ensure receipt, acceptance and confirmation.
- Enter accurate contract details into CRM and Accounting systems, avoiding errors.
- Maintain CRM system records to reflect accurate client information, sales activity and deal flow. Help ensure Energy Consultants adhere to proper process flows.
- Serve as point of contact to assist client services needs, including questions on contracts, invoices, new account setup, service transfers or disconnection. Resolve issues to client satisfaction or direct to other appropriate team members.
- Support assigned Energy Consultants with opportunity lists to manage contract renewals and ensure timely and complete coverage, utilizing independent judgment.
- Perform client research as directed to support Energy Consultants’ prospecting efforts.
- Manage setup and ensure accuracy of client information in third party vendor systems as needed for data management, invoice auditing and payment, and reporting services.
- Prepare reports for ongoing client needs as directed, including budgets.
- Maintain standard workflow and adhere to business processes.
- Maintain effective communication with clients and retail suppliers.
- Escalate issues timely and appropriately to ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide assistance to Accounting team for monthly financial close.
- Contribute to achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Other responsibilities commensurate with position as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Marketing.
- 5+ years professional experience, preferably in sales support or customer service; retail energy experience is required.
- Familiarity with deregulated U.S. electricity or natural gas markets.
- Strong people skills with ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be self motivated, possess a strong work ethic and attention to detail, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and engage others as needed.
- Ability to learn and adhere to business processes and rules, maintaining high quality.
- Must demonstrate a professional appearance and demeanor, and promote a positive work environment.
- Ability to work normal office hours (8am to 5pm) and beyond as needed.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); CRM experience is a plus.
- Limited travel
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a salaried position plus bonus. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, and 401(k) savings options. Expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with company guidelines.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© Taleo Social Sourcing. All rights reserved. 0 0