Analyst, Quantitative Research
- Commensurate with experience.
- Arlington, VA, USA Arlington VA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Strategic Investment Group
- 06 Jun 18 2018-06-06
The Analyst, Quantitative Research reports to and supports our Co-Chief Investment Officers to enhance the investment process underlying the management of broadly diversified institutional portfolios. To apply directly please visit our website https://www.strategicgroup.com/careers
The Analyst, Quantitative Research reports to and supports our Co-Chief Investment Officers to enhance the investment process underlying the management of broadly diversified institutional portfolios.
• Design applications and write production-quality code to enhance investment analytics, facilitate portfolio management, and conduct data-intensive research initiatives.
• Collaborate with the Co-Chief Investment Officers in quantitative analysis of global investment strategies across all asset classes, including strategic and tactical asset allocation, manager selection, and risk management.
• Analyze U.S. and international market data to refine and extend existing models for return forecasting, risk modeling, transaction cost modeling, portfolio construction, and simulation.
• Investigate tactical research topics of interest to current and prospective clients.
• Conduct other ad hoc investment research projects.
• Contribute to research communications efforts.
• Execute other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, natural science, math or other quantitative discipline.
Coursework in finance or accounting preferred.
• Zero to three years’ experience in quantitative finance in a multi-asset class role.
• Extensive coding experience and ease with coding best practices.
• Strong quantitative skills, including coursework in and facility with statistical analysis.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to maintain extremely high attention to detail while managing multiple tasks and binding deadlines.
• Experience with programming and statistical languages such as VB.Net, C#, VBA, and R strongly preferred.
• Experience with SQL and building, organizing and analyzing very large data sets strongly preferred.
• Experience with Agile Development methodology preferred.
• Experience with Bloomberg preferred.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to both quantitative and non-quantitative audiences.
• Strong interpersonal skills, team orientation, proactive mindset, and professional demeanor.
• Strong financial market interest.
• High integrity and values.