ABOUT THE FIRM Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $45 billion in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
- Trade Desk Support. Understand our firm’s Trade Lifecycle. Support the Trading team through workflow solution design utilizing Linedata Longview (Trading Order Management System), Advent APX (Accounting Books and Records), and a cloud-based Data Warehouse (Microsoft Azure).
- Portfolio Implementation Associate. Provide support and collaborate with the Senior Manager of Portfolio Implementation. Model trade orders and monitor account guidelines.
- System Development. Create relationships among systems and help design and/or automate reports, controls, guidelines, etc. through SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Excel. Experience building applications through .NET Core a plus. Liaise with our Data and Technology Team.
- Data Analytics and Visualization. Ability to demonstrate creativity as the successful candidate will be able to source and manipulate large data sets for the purpose of designing easy-to-understand dashboards for Senior Management.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- Highly experienced with relational database structures- SQL, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Access a plus
- Understanding of various computer language to manipulate large data sets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Access, Excel and Power Point
- Experience with data visualization software including Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with market data services including Bloomberg, Factset, and Barra
- Exposure to Trading Order Management Systems and back-end architecture
- Good communicator and collaborator with strong written skills; team player
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills; attention to detail a must
- Deadline driven and self-motivated- must have strong project management skills
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or relevant concentration.
- Minimum of 3-7 years of experience in finance, trading, accounting, or technology roles
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/. The link to this specific position is here: https://careers-sandscapital.icims.com/jobs/1081/data-analytics-and-support-associate/job
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.