Finance and Operations Associate
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Sands Capital Management
- 02 Oct 18
About the Firm Sands Capital Ventures is an SEC-registered private equity/venture capital investment firm located in Arlington, Virginia, minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. Sands Capital Ventures manages a portfolio of investments in privately-held life science and technology businesses. Sands Capital Ventures is an affiliate of Sands Capital Management, an investment firm founded in 1992 that manages approximately $45 billion in long only, concentrated portfolios selected through a rigorous fundamental research process that aims to identify high-quality growth businesses.
Position Summary / Essential Functions
Sands Capital Ventures is seeking a dynamic and motivated Finance and Operations Associate to help analyze, organize, and manage various aspects of our growing private equity/venture capital business. Principally, this position will be focused on the day-to-day operations of our private equity funds, including: cash management, portfolio company valuation, expense review and allocation, and the consolidation of these components into quarterly financials for our clients. In addition, the Finance and Operations Associate will have exposure to, and is expected to add value to, all other operational facets of our business. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to roll up their sleeves and embrace an entrepreneurial environment.
- Managing and assisting with quarterly fair value investment modeling of early and late stage private companies
- Maintaining and tracking of portfolio company investments
- Assisting with quarterly financial statement preparation for managed funds and Sands Capital Ventures entity
- Assisting with investment and partnership offerings
- Assisting with capital calls and distributions
- Managing audit requests and audit/ custody engagements
- Managing expense allocations, tracking and reporting
Skills and Qualifications
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Finance, Accounting or similar
- 2-3 years of experience working in private equity fund accounting, private company valuation, or as a financial analyst
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Advanced experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Superior customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of staff
- The ability to perform position responsibilities independently with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to both prioritize and also handle multiple priorities at once
- High degree of initiative, self-discipline, and motivation and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter that specifically outlines their qualifications for the position and why they want to work at Sands Capital Ventures.
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at: http://sandscapital.com/careers/
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.