ABOUT THE FIRM Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $50 billion in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
The firm is seeking an experienced, well-rounded asset management attorney to assist with legal and regulatory matters relating to its public equity investment management business. The candidate will report directly to the General Counsel and will work closely with the firm’s various constituencies, including the compliance, client relations, trading, operations, finance and investment teams. The candidate will work from Sands Capital’s principal office in Arlington, Virginia.
Primary areas of responsibility may include the following:
- Regulatory Compliance. Providing counsel with respect to U.S. and ex-U.S. regulatory and compliance matters;
- Fund Formation. Providing support in connection with separately managed accounts, private investment funds and sub-advised 40 Act Funds;
- Contract Management. Drafting and negotiating various types of agreements, including investment management agreements, service provider agreements and operating agreements;
- Operational Matters. Interfacing with team members in connection with fundraising, client on-boarding, corporate governance, accounting, human resources, trading and tax matters; and
- Special Projects. Assisting with general projects as assigned.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- Juris Doctor from an ABA qualified law school.
- 6 to 10 years of legal experience, including experience in the asset management group of a top law firm. In-house experience is not necessary.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position is suitable for candidates with the following attributes:
- Excited to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings
- Business focused and practical
- Impeccable integrity
- Detail-oriented and organized
- A strong personal work ethic with a desire to be challenged
- Ability to adapt to change and embrace ambiguity
- Problem solver
- An individual with demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Humble, passionate, and team-oriented
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
The link to the specific position is here: https://careers-sandscapital.icims.com/jobs/1076/legal-counsel/job
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.