Manager, Corporate Accounting
- Not Specified
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- E Trade Financial
- 15 Oct 18
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
The Manager of Corporate Accounting provides operational accounting and month-end close support for multiple E*TRADE legal entities, business units, and functional areas, with a focus on G&A corporate accounting functions. The ideal candidate will have a combination of professional exposure to public and corporate accounting roles. This position requires strong team management experience, business partnership skills, the ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, and strong communication skills.
Standardized accounting processes:
- Review and post journal entries prepared by accounting team
- Develop, maintain, and produce analytics supporting financial results
- Review reconciliations spanning across multiple legal entities
Team management and development:
- Manage team performance by driving professional growth of the accounting team
- Manage workload distribution to ensure efficient and timely completion of assigned tasks
Research and determine methods to better leverage system tools to streamline existing processes
Collaborate with business partners on existing or new initiatives; e.g. process evaluations and improvements, process documentation, and policy updates
Coordinate and support annual audits, regulatory exams, SOX test work, and internal Risk & Control framework
- Manage request lists and ensure timely submission of deliverables
- Liaise with auditors/examiners to provide guidance regarding balances, transactions, and policies
- 6-8 years of experience in a combination of public and corporate accounting roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Excel (including pivot tables and advanced formulas), PowerPoint, Word
- Proficiency in Oracle Financial Applications, Hyperion, etc.
- CPA certification
- Desire to drive improvements to processes, reporting, and analytics
- Ability to make sound and timely business judgements consistent with company objectives
- Ability to manage competing priorities with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.