ABOUT THE FIRM Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $45 billion in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
We are seeking an experienced professional to lead the product management and development of public equity and private markets strategies. The professional will partner with investment strategy teams and serve as a primary interface with our marketing, client relations, and business development teams. This role is a product marketing champion with strong knowledge of each strategy’s addressable market and the key interests of capital allocators. The ideal candidate is passionate about packaging fundamental equity strategies in creative ways that retain client assets and drive new asset growth.
- Attend investment strategy meetings to gain context for portfolio management decisions and share perspectives on marketing opportunities and challenges
- Collaborate with portfolio managers (PMs) and business development professionals to continuously improve product positioning both from an absolute standpoint and relative to the peer group
- Create narratives and drive enhancements to pitchbooks and other marketing materials used to earn new business; reinforce the value of our investment strategies in reports to current clients
- Plan and execute product marketing initiatives to grow familiarity with product capabilities, including through partnerships with fund sponsors and wealth platforms
- Proactively inform PMs and client-facing professionals with analysis of investment results, commentaries that explain recent performance trends and the market environment, and updates on the progress of portfolio businesses
- Lead the response to portfolio business and market events by drafting communications in consultation with research analysts and PMs
- Build client understanding of our integrated ESG/sustainability research capability and stewardship program
- Provide strategic input to the development of thought-leadership content
- Contribute product knowledge and expertise to proposals for new mandates as well as to responses to RFIs and DDQs
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, preferably with a focus on active equity investment management, consultant, or asset owner
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; MBA/CFA a plus
- Deep understanding of global capital markets, economics, and industry trends affecting equity investment strategies
- Strong knowledge of the key interests of capital allocators and needs in specific institutional market segments
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills utilizing investment statistics and portfolio business growth metrics
- Strong strategic thinker with a proven ability to define and drive a planning process involving multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with analytical tools such as FactSet, Bloomberg, eVestment, Morningstar Direct, and MSCI ESG/Sustainalytics preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/. The link to this specific position is here: https://careers-sandscapital.icims.com/jobs/1080/product-manager/job
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.