About the Firm Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $45 billion in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
Sands Capital is seeking a motivated Research Associate (RA) to join our Industrials Research Team. This individual will support and assist our experienced team of Research Analysts to help monitor existing investments and conduct research on new investment ideas within the global Industrials sector for our domestic, global and emerging market growth portfolios. The primary areas of research include innovative companies in the automotive, industrial automation, and industrial technology sub-sectors.
The Industrials RA is responsible for:
Successfully completing all research projects by:
- Creating and maintaining financial models that support the investment decision process
- Crafting well-informed and succinct earning notes and headlines
- Preparing presentations to support bringing new ideas to the portfolio
Executing on functional tasks by:
- Accurately uploading proprietary company data to FactSet
- Running and distributing key company and portfolio level reports
- Updating and maintaining key Investment Team and sector-specific documents and tools to include: company models, sector screens and data tracking
Developing a strong team dynamic by building and sustaining effective and supportive working relationships within and between sectors by:
- Prioritizing research with your sector Team(s) and sector heads
- Establishing transparency and embracing best practices by communicating priorities, projects, and other status updates with the sector team(s) and sector heads
- Exhibiting the behaviors consistent with Sands Capital’s values and culture
- The Industrials RA is expected to work for 2-4 years before returning to graduate school or leaving to pursue other opportunities.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, or other relevant major. Strong academic performance.
- A genuine and demonstrable passion for investment research.
- 0-3 years of experience analyzing companies and industries, including investment banking, sell-side research management consulting, and/or business development at an industrials operating company
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional work ethic and an ability to complete assigned projects in a timely manner without direct supervision
- Outstanding analytical and strategic aptitude
- CFA charter-holder or CFA candidate preferred
To be considered, candidates must submit a cover letter and resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position and why you want to work at Sands Capital. Please address the following topics in your cover letter:
How you cultivated an interest in investing.
Why you are interested in Sands Capital.
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at: http://sandscapital.com/careers/. The link to the specific position is here: https://careers-sandscapital.icims.com/jobs/1075/research-associate-%28industrials-sector%29/job
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.