Business Systems Analyst III
JobDescription : The Impact:
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst role is a vital leadership role in our technology organization and helps keep our development projects moving smoothly to completion. The Team / the Business:
We are the premier provider of breaking news, financial data and expert analysis on business sectors critical to the global economy. Job Responsibilities:
Experience and proficiency with a variety of technologies and methodologies:
- Leading technical delivery on team(s) and projects
- Documenting and managing deliverable milestones and risks; communicating out and up to stakeholders; focus on continuous improvement
- End-to-end specification, development, testing, and release of assigned project deliverables for software development projects
- Participates in the scoping of proposed enhancements, and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Business Analysts to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications
- Works to mitigate risk while managing tasks, resources, and changes
- Oversees or works independently to provide for data transformation, testing, troubleshooting, and end-to-end user support needs
About S&P Global
- At least 5-7+ years of experience as a business analyst, Scrum Master or project manager in a technical environment
- Proven ability to deliver projects end-to-end, working with teams and stakeholders to execute successfully
- Strong Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Analysis Skills (Includes basic Data analysis, Databases and SQL (preferred)
- Experience delivering software using agile or lean methods
- Visual Modeling (Workflow Diagrams, Wireframe prototypes)
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, buy-in and support across functions and at all levels)
- Experience leading teams (preferred)
- Experience working on global teams (preferred)
- Experience working in financial services industry or sustainable investing (preferred)
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.