Global Head of Purpose Analytics
New York or alternative S&P Global location
As our Head of Purpose Analytics, you will build an advanced analytics and business intelligence strategy and roadmap and collaborate with People, Marketing, Communications, DEI, and Corporate Responsibility teams. You will be instrumental in creating new business value by leveraging data across the Purpose Team to extend our capabilities in data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. At S&P Global, data is at the center of everything we do. Responsibilities:
Hands-on Leadership Capabilities:
- Evolve and execute the Purpose Analytics strategy and data roadmap.
- Integrate data and analytics across the People, Marketing, Comms, CR, and DEI
- Design and execute data models using statistical principles (e. g., regression, correlation, predictive analytics, etc.).
- Manage and measure effective use of surveys.
- Produce concise, story-driven presentations to communicate analytic insights.
- Create, maintain, and update interactive data dashboards and visualizations.
- Reporting to Chief Operating Officer, Purpose Team
Building a strong Data Science team:
- Lead a bold agenda around the use of our data assets in new creative ways.
- Partner with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, People Partners, Enterprise Marketing team, CR & DEI teams and business leaders, to identify opportunities to leverage data to drive business decisions forward.
- Promote and teach the use of big data and machine learning tools; Educate stakeholders on the use of analytics and basic statistical measurements.
- Engage with various technology and data teams to design the optimal data architecture to support data and advanced analytics.
- Drive, collaborate and align with key stakeholders to ideate and build solutions in the next generation analytics space.
- Articulate a clear vision and story to Executive Leadership and Board of Directors to drive strategic deliverables
Executing on our Priorities:
- Build, manage, inspire, and coach a high impact data science team of (7-10 global employees) to develop quantitative models (predictive, sentiment etc.) using NLP, machine learning, or data mining techniques to create business value.
- Promote, demonstrate, and teach analytics, machine learning, and data visualization capabilities of the team to key members of the organization.
- Manage data science and business intelligence requests and turn them into clearly defined projects for the team, with well-defined parameters and deliverables.
- Develop relationships with various internal stakeholders and contribute to the formation and execution of overall business plans and data strategy.
- 8-12 years of experience in data science, marketing analytics, people analytics, and/or business intelligence.
- Ability to translate business and operational goals into actionable research studies to support workforce related business decisions.
- Strong applied statistical and analytical skills to design and execute predictive, descriptive, and inferential statistics.
- Ability to perform natural language processing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex analytics insights to non-technical audiences, including senior executive leadership.
- Proficiency in acquiring, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating large amounts of data.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a highly collaborative working style.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team working with business stakeholders and users to provide research direction and solution design.
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, R).
- Working knowledge of traditional data storage, relational databases, SQL, and ETL tools.
- Extensive prior experience in PowerPoint design and presentation to Executive audiences.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Industrial Organizational Psychology or other closely related fields.
- MBA or Masters in Statistics, Analytics, Industrial Organizational Psychology or other closely related fields.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $148,200 to $338,600 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
264661 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States