Senior Quality Engineer
Senior Quality Engineer The Team:
Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other functions in Technology & the business to deliver quality products by providing software testing services and quality assurance, that continuously improve our customer's ability to succeed. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for the architecture, design and quick turnaround in development of our products with high quality. The team is located globally. The Impact:
You will ensure the quality of our deliverable meets and exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders and evangelize the established quality standards and processes. Your challenge will be reducing the "the time to market" for products without compromising the quality, by leveraging technology and innovation. These products are directly associated to revenue growth and operations enablement. You strive to achieve personal objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives, by working on problems of varying scope where analysis of situations and/or data requires a review of a variety of factors. What's in it for you:
Do you love working every single day testing enterprise-scale applications that serve a large customer base with growing demand and usage? Be the part of a successful team which works on delivering top priority projects which will directly contribute to Company's strategy. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different teams internally. You will also get a plenty of learning and skill-building opportunities with participation in innovation projects, training and knowledge sharing. You will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillsets. Responsibilities:
• Lead projects from QA perspective to ensure smooth delivery of projects in and Agile/Scrum framework. Actively participate in team meetings to support adequate project scoping, design reviews, test planning, and technical documentation review for assigned projects.
• Lead the testing activities on assigned projects; analyze requirements and ensure the testing strategy is aligned to a risk-based approach while mitigating risk exposure within all phases of project.
• Trigger, monitor and control the execution of automated test suites, identifying issues and potential gaps in reliable and efficient test suites to enable continuous improvements.
• Utilizing test automation tools to develop and maintain automated regression test suite.
• Implement and support QA governance of testing processes, data, and execution metrics to help drive improvement in team performance.
• Perform risk analysis for features/projects in your ownership, provide mitigation and escalate appropriately.
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to analyze any issues, provide root cause analysis and resolution.
• Influence and communicate effectively with stakeholders to ensure highest levels of quality for the product/platform in your ownership.
What we're looking for:
• Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing techniques in an Agile/Scrum framework.
• Ability to lead testing projects, motivate and mentor a team to achieve business objectives.
• Strong analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with ability to partner with technology partners at various levels, across functions and including global teams.
• Good understanding of SQL and databases, should be comfortable in writing SQL queries.
• Should have delivered on at least one automation project using any automation framework.
• Knowledge of OOP and coding skills in any language.
• Experience working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture is desirable.
• Knowledge of testing in continuous integration, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade models is a plus.
• Experience in Cloud technologies like AWS/Azure infrastructure and micro-services, containers integration testing is desirable. Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's or higher degree in technology related field.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
263056 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States