Software Developer II
Job Description The Role:
Software Developer II The Location:
Charlottesville, VA, Richmond, VA, or Princeton, NJ The Team:
The team is responsible for building Analytics products in a key strategic platform using emerging tools and technologies. The team works in a significant environment that gives ample opportunities to use creative ideas to take on complex analytical problems. This individual will have the opportunity every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. The Impact:
This individual will be making meaningful contribution in building solutions for the Web applications/API/Web Services/Data Processing. The work completed will provide the data and analytics required for crucial, daily decisions in the capital and commodities markets. What's in it for the candidate:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Work as a senior developer with extensive on hands development for the entire SDLC
- Work closely with product owners, technology partners to understand and clarify requirements
- Design and develop highly scalable industry-leading applications
- Analyze, isolate issues and resolve them
- Produce system design documents and lead technical walk trough's
- Continuously improve the architecture and quality of the code
- Bachelor's /Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 1 to 7 years of experience in application development using Java Technologies
- Strong expertise and knowledge in Core Java, Data Structures, Multithreading, Microservices, Spring Boot
About S&P Global
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
- Knowledgeable in working with building software in the Financial Industry and Capital Markets
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies
- Spark, NoSql preferably Cassandra, AWS, AKKA, Container Technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If accommodations are needed during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and the request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law