Legal, Global Markets Attorney, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Legal Division is looking for an attorney to join the Prime Services & Securities Financing Legal team in McLean VA. The key responsibility of the position will be the integration and expansion of Folio Investments, a company that Goldman Sachs recently acquired. Folio Investments is an execution, clearing and custody platform that serves independent Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) across the wealth spectrum. Folio Investments has developed a differentiated technology offering that provides institutional grade clearing and custody services to RIAs. You can learn more about Folio Investments at www.folioinstitutional.com Principal Responsibilities
- Advise on the strategy, development, integration and expansion of Folio Investments, including legal and regulatory analysis of existing products and new initiatives.
- Cover other aspects of our prime services businesses (prime brokerage, futures, clearing and cleared derivatives) and securities financing transactions of our repo and funding desks.
- Review new business initiatives and provide input relating to compliance with relevant laws, rules and regulations.
- Assist the client services teams in dealing with our clients' requests.
- Assist Compliance in producing responses to regulatory inquiries.
- Communicate with various regulatory bodies directly and through industry associations regarding changes in laws and policies that may have an impact on the business.
- Provide education and direction to other departments on the application of rules and regulations.
- Create and negotiate agreements that relate to brokerage services.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Collaborate across control groups to drive execution and ensure consistency in risk management.
- 5+ years legal experience post JD.
- Strong legal and business judgment, writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas and develop stakeholder relationships.
- A quick study who is excited about learning something new outside of their comfort zone.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to leverage the capabilities of peers, business partners, and associates along with the confidence to effectively influence stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Outstanding law firm credentials and/or in-house experience in financial services company.
- Substantive knowledge of broker-dealer regulation.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity