Accounting Software Product Assurance Business Analyst (PABA)
- Reston, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Lease Accelerator
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
The LeaseAccelerator Accounting Software Product Assurance Business Analyst (PABA) is a key player supporting our ELA SaaS solution which is experiencing very high growth in the market. The PABA is a critical member of the Product Assurance team and is responsible for ensuring that the application meets the business expectations through rigorous requirements and use case analysis and test planning.
The Company & the ELA Market
LeaseAccelerator is an Enterprise Lease Accounting (ELA) SaaS Solution provider to the Global 2000 companies. Our current customers include F-500 corporations, such as Salesforce.com, Cisco, NetApp, Eaton and Cummins. Enterprise Lease Accounting (ELA) is a new enterprise software solution category that is now experiencing significant growth due to the new lease accounting standard announced in February 2016. For most Global 2000 companies, Enterprise Lease Accounting (ELA) is a dysfunctional enterprise business process. The new lease accounting standard is creating a significant market disruption for most of the G-2000. These global organizations lack the knowledge, process, and systems to address the new compliance requirements. LeaseAccelerator provides customers with a SaaS ELA solution to manage this enterprise process that generates significant cost saving, improves operational effectiveness, and reduces their compliance risk.
ELA for large global organizations is a complex enterprise business process that spans a wide range of corporate functions.
These functions include:
• Sourcing: the process which starts with the initial field request for equipment and progresses through a competitive RFP process for financing, analyzing responses, awarding, papering and executing contracts
• Portfolio Management: the processes which include tracking relevant stakeholders, updating key data elements supporting internal management accountability, monitoring performance and coordinating end of term activities such as returns, buyouts and renewals for all leased asset types including equipment and real estate.
• Finance and Accounting: activities required for internal management reporting and analysis, external financial accounting and disclosure reporting, administering complex business hierarchies and cost allocation structures
The LeaseAccelerator Accounting Software Product Assurance Business Analyst (PABA) is a key player supporting our ELA SaaS solution which is experiencing very high growth in the market. The PABA is a critical member of the Product Assurance team and is responsible for ensuring that the application meets the business expectations through rigorous requirements and use case analysis and test planning. This includes work efforts such as:
• Analyzing business requirements and defining detail functional and operational use cases
• Developing test plans and scenarios to validate the system operations and output
• Collaborating with various LeaseAccelerator teams to ensure that the overall product meets the customer and market expectations for a high quality ELA application.
Product Assurance Business Analyst Responsibilities
The PABA responsibilities include:
• Working with LeaseAccelerator’s business leads and product managers to understand functional/business requirements and with the team’s technical leads to derive technical requirements
• Supporting lead technical working groups to help develop technical requirements.
• Driving technical requirements analysis and requirements development activities using industry best practices and proven techniques;
• Producing all required artifacts and deliverables for release work such as Scope Documents, use cases, user stories, workflow diagrams, screen mockups etc.
• Defining detail use cases for each feature based on the business and functional requirements
• Reviewing development analysis and design documents to ensure consistency with the stated business, functional and use case requirements
• Developing detailed test plans, scenarios and expected outcomes to validate the accuracy and performance of each feature and enhancement based on the defined requirements and use cases
• Defining specific requirements and expected outcomes for comprehensive automated regression testing
• Analyzing defect trends to identify root causes to define continuous improvement actions to reduce development issues.
• Developing a comprehensive test bed of sample leases to capture both standard and known edge cases both from a content, activity and timing perspective
• Assisting in further developing the quality assurance and improvement program to align with leading industry practices by:
• Fostering the sharing of knowledge across the company.
• Contributing to the training curriculum.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience working in a financial systems requirements analysis and development team. Relevant financial systems may include specialized accounting subject areas, transactional management, financial management or business process applications such as Real Estate Administration, Fleet Management, IT Asset Management or other similar systems supporting other asset types. It is desirable that the experience was gained through work in a large corporate organization and/or a Big4 or other consulting organization with a focus in:
• a requirements analysis and test planning capacity,
• an in an operational accounting user role with in-depth understanding of the underlying accounting methods and procedures combined with significant testing experience
• an internal/external audit role with focus on audit test planning and analysis.
The LA PABA needs to be well versed in the above functions with the knowledge, experience and skills to engage management level and staff users. The PABA should have knowledge and understanding of requirements analysis and test planning concepts and procedures to provide the development team with clear direction and to maximize test coverage of all potential points of failure while minimizing testing resources.
Other critical skills include:
• A strong understanding of the IT program life cycle phases
• 3-5+ years working in the Accounting System and Information Technology field as a Requirements Analyst
• 3-5+ years of experience leading JAD sessions to define system requirements
• 3-5+ years of experience writing requirements and user stories in an agile scrum environment
• Knowledge of technical accounting standards related to Leasing including the detail rules and calculations required to formulate journal entries and/or the ability to develop this knowledge quickly through self study.
• Knowledge and understanding of corporate controller organizational needs and operational activities
• Must be experienced in working with testers and developers to determine and implement requirements
• Strong organizational skills to manage and advance multiple relationships and projects simultaneously with a significant degree of autonomy and minimal oversight
• High energy, self-motivated individual with a strong sense of purpose
• Flexible work style to manage through a fast changing, high growth organization
• A change agent to build new practices and procedures and drive continuous improvement across the company
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
LeaseAccelerator offers competitive compensation and benefits programs.
LeaseAccelerator is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law.
LeaseAccelerator is headquartered in Reston, Virginia. This position is will be located in the Reston headquarters and may be a candidate for telecommuting subject to performance and management approval.
More About LeaseAccelerator
LeaseAccelerator is a leading, global Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider of comprehensive and integrated Enterprise Lease Accounting (ELA) solutions. Our cloud-based software and related offerings enable enterprises to better source equipment leases, manage their portfolio of real-estate, equipment, and embedded leases, and generate their lease accounting and financial reporting. The scope and timeliness of the data and analytics we provide allow chief financial officers, treasurers, and finance managers, to operate more confidently in an increasingly complex and volatile global business environment. Using LeaseAccelerator, companies can optimize the economic, operational and compliance risk management results of their enterprise leasing program.
LeaseAccelerator is the only solution that covers the entire leasing lifecycle, including competitive Sourcing, saving 6-8% by driving down capital costs; portfolio Management, saving 8-12% by improving end-of-term return performance; and Lease Accounting, enabling compliance with current and new FASB, IFRS, and SOX requirements. Lessees have competitively sourced more than $2 Billion of equipment lease capital in 26 countries using LeaseAccelerator’s marketplace and the Global Lessor Network, savings millions of dollars. Today, global corporates use LeaseAccelerator to manage more than $2.5 Billion of leased assets in more than 50 countries. Through LeaseAccelerator’s Capital Sourcing marketplace, customers can access The Global Lessor Network (GLN), a community of more than 500 lessors around the world who compete to win our clients business. Using the GLN, global companies with a need for in-country leasing expertise and financing can identify and transact with local lessors. LeaseAccelerator has supported transactions in more than 50 countries, spanning a wide variety of asset types, including corporate aircraft, construction, forklifts, furniture, IT, manufacturing, mining, networking, and transportation equipment. Lessors are encouraged to register for the GLN at www.lessornetwork.com.
Founded in 2003, LeaseAccelerator, is headquartered in Washington DC (Reston, VA), with operations in Canada and India.