Software Developer/Engineer for quantitative index platform
Sr. Quantitative Engineer Grade
: 11, for internal purpose only The Role:
S&P is seeking a New York based algorithm/application developer as a key player to the implementation and support of its re-balancing platform. This will involve the implementation of re-balancing methodologies using python as well as improving the platform's overall framework. The candidate should actively evaluate new products
and technologies to build solutions that can streamline business operations. The candidate must be a delivery-focused person. The Team
: You will be part of Agile global technology team comprising of DEV/QA/PO teams and will be responsible for analysis, design, development, testing and level 2 support. The Impact
: You will be working on one of the various technology platforms that is responsible for calculating re-balancing weights and asset selections for S&P indices and providing them to
business users. This includes enhancing platform components and improving the system overall. What's in it for you
: You will have the opportunity to work on enhancements to the key index re-balancing platform at SPDJI. You will initially be a key player on one of our vital index
re-balancing platforms and eventually become a cross-functional team member across all of our applications. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For
- Design and development of python applications for SPDJI
- Responsible to performance in a cross functional capacity including Documentation, Coding, Testing, De-bugging & level 2 support.
- Work directly with stakeholders to formalize/document requirements.
- Work on new initiatives and provide level 2 support for existing Index applications.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
- Setup development environment / sandbox for application development.
- Reduce IT efforts by developing automated tests.
- Effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Basic Qualifications
Nice To Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Quantitative Finance is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of IT experience in application development and support.
- Experience with AWS and cloud services.
- Experience with DevOps.
- Strong Experience with python.
- Strong Experience with Object Oriented Programming and Design (I.E. Java, C#, .Net).
- Experience with User Interface design & development.
- Experience with NoSql Databases (I.E. MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience with software testing.
- Experience with Windows and Linux based servers.
- Strong Work Ethic, Communication and Thoughtfulness
- Experience with Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Trading platforms.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
From https://careers.spglobal.com/ShowJob/Id/2618177/Business-Analyst/ >
IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
256755 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States