Sr. Python Developer
Cognizantis looking for Senior Python Developer
to join our Artificial Intelligence and Analytics practice (AIA) for a remoteproject. As a trusted advisor, responsible for providing an approach for theoverall project. As a domain specialist, you will drive technology discussionsand analyze the existing gaps in addressing business needs. You are a thoughtleader-comfortable challenging the status quo to enhance our current servicesand technologies.
AboutAI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects andanalyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centricbusinesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clientscan understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumersneed. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future—a future in whichtrial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices anddata-supported strategies.
Byapplying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine,validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models.Cognizant's AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, and providesbusinesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consumetheir information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlineddata architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative,meaningful intelligence. Responsibilities:
- Develop internal visible team and Partners to build the UI / UXand wireframes for the new company website in an Agile / DevOps environment.
- Lead the gathering of functional requirements and offer insight inthe functional design process.
- Design and Develop REST API in Python using any framework
- Knowledge and Experience in writing ETL jobs / functions usingDataStage or Snowflakes or any other tool
- Knowledge and experience in designing Python services for AWS PaaS
- Knowledge on migrating Python scripts from on Premise server toAWS Cloud services
- Understanding and Ability to work using Agile Methodology
- Experience in Automated Functional and Unit testing of Python code
- Experience with AWS services like Lambda, CloudFormation,CloudWatch, etc.
- Understanding and experience in troubleshooting Pythonapplications in Cloud
- Experience to deliver under challenging and stressful environment
- Hands-on project and development work, as demanded by the projectand client role.
- Manage R and Python environments on multiple virtual machines
- Ensure projects follow operating practices for Visible and enhancethe processes as needed.
- Ensure the quality of the project meets Quality Assurance (QA) andUser Acceptance Testing (UAT) guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members ofvarious experience level
*Please note, this role is not able to offer visatransfer or sponsorship now or in the future*
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, orsimilar.
- Experience with the linear modeling functions within R
- Highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work whereverneeded on the team.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with Python and a major relational database.
- Experience with version control and understanding of versioncontrol concepts.
- Understanding of RESTful API design
- Passion for industry best practices and computer programming
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members andmanagement
- Ability to prioritize security and privacy
- Ability to independently manage time and priorities while meetingdeadlines
- Ability to build, configure, and maintain a local developmentenvironment
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.)and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to workeffectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions.
Cognizantis one of the world's leading professional services companies, transformingclients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Ourunique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build andrun more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S.,Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and isconsistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Cognizantis an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuringthat all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunitiesand treatment and a work environment free of harassment.
Cognizantis recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of theVeteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans inbuilding and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage theleadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in themthrough participation in military service.