Technical Program Manager
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across all groups within the company and with competing priorities
- Perform operational forecasting, capacity planning and oversee continuous improvement of infrastructure to ensure implementation meets current and future business needs
- Work closely with other Program Managers and Engineering to make sure product concepts are adequately transitioned into requirements for specific tasks that developers can work from. This includes design, feature specs, and deliverables. Technical Program Managers are responsible for product requirements and working with Engineering Directors and their teams to convert their requirements into tasks - w/ Program Managers overseeing the process.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Track and update project schedules, communicating project status to other key stakeholders within the company.
- Provide effective communication regarding issues, objectives, dependencies, risks, initiatives and performance to plan
- Work closely with engineering directors to execute project work plans, incorporating revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Lead the creation of engineering specifications
- Minimize schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Identify metrics and drive initiatives to improve the quality of RootMetrics Engineering processes
- Gain consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.