Global Accounting and Product Services - Alternative Investments
- Not Specified
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Technology & Operations
BlackRock takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles that increasingly capitalize on evolving opportunities in fast-changing markets. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns with low correlations to the broad equity and bond markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, fund of hedge funds, single-strategy hedge funds, long-only absolute return strategies, commodities and structured products. Our alternative investment capabilities are fully integrated into BlackRock, allowing investment teams to capitalize on the firm’s considerable resources in areas such as risk management, product development, client service and operational support.
We are looking for an Accountant (Vice President level) that will report directly into the Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) team that supports investment operations for BlackRock Alternative Advisors’ Fund of Hedge Fund products.
This GAAPS team supports approximately $19 billion in assets for a broadly diversified, global client base. The unified operating platform combines expertise, resources and capabilities across asset classes, in addition to leveraging resources within BlackRock’s broad infrastructure and global investment teams.
The Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) division is responsible for providing operational support to BlackRock’s portfolio management teams and clients. GAAPS is central to BlackRock’s operations in providing subject matter expertise, monitoring fund administrator service delivery in relation fund accounting and financial reporting, monitoring operational capacity for new products, contributing to projects in relation to product launches and liaising with fund administrators, auditors, fund directors and portfolio managers. The group comprises of a number of teams and is organized both functionally and regionally. This position is within the Open-End NAV Oversight team supporting alternatives in the US.
• Review NAVs for several of the firm’s alternative investment fund products, including monthly or quarterly valuations.
• Ensure a best in class control environment is functioning effectively with respect to oversight of third party service providers and internal processes and procedures.
• Serve as primary point of contact for third party administrators, monitor their performance and drive continuous improvement in their processes.
• Manage staff accountants and establish team goals, objectives, and foster an inclusive environment.
• Review annual audited financial statements.
• Liaise with funds’ independent auditors.
• Communicate performance results to investors and resolve investors’ questions.
• Calculate Management and Incentive Fees in accordance with legal documentation.
• Custom reporting and projects for investor specific needs.
• Partnering and communicating with various internal business units regarding fund products and performance data.
• Group project opportunities related to implementation of new product accounting, operational procedures, and planning / evaluating technology enhancements.
• Bachelors’ degree in Accounting (strongly preferred) or Finance. CPA a plus.
• 5-10 years of relevant investment / fund accounting or public accounting (audit) work experience, including review experience for at least a portion of that time.
• Management experience.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Proper and effective accounting skills including knowledge of GAAP and financial statements.
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
• Solid time management skills.
• Ability to manage projects and team members, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
• Fluent in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.