As Senior Accounting Manager for Day 1 Academies, you will build an accounting function from the ground up, developing the systems, processes, and policies required to support the launch and growth of a non-profit network of high-quality, full-scholarship Montessori-inspired preschools in under-served communities. You will design end-to-end accounting processes and cycles, including payroll, accounts payable, and financial reporting. You will also establish policies and procedures to support a strong internal control environment that ensures the vast majority of resources go to directly supporting children.
Above all, you are a mission-driven, experienced accounting professional willing to roll up your sleeves and build accounting operations at a startup phase while developing the future systems and processes necessary to scale our organization.
- CPA or equivalent credential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience, with at least two years of public accounting experience
- 2 years of leading accounting teams
- Experience managing full monthly close process, including reconciliations and financial reporting
- Experience building an accounting function from scratch or growing one in a startup environment
- Ability to translate business objectives into financial data structures used to support measurement of performance, with keen eye for simplification
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement required accounting systems, policies and processes