Senior Capital Markets Research Analyst
- Seattle, WA, USA Seattle WA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Russell Investment Group
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
Russell Investments provides investment products to individual and institutional clients in over 44 countries. Offering a diverse portfolio of funds, the firm manages assets in excess of $237 billion. We are seeking a Senior Capital Markets Research Analyst to join our Capital Markets Forecasting team within the broader Global Client Strategy and Research team. The forecasting team is responsible for the development, ongoing maintenance and global support of Russell Investments’ Long Term Capital Markets Forecasting and Simulation Model.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Design, build, test, implement, and maintain infrastructure necessary for international asset simulation and forecasting using Russell Investments’ proprietary software and Moodys’ Economic Scenario Generation software. Experience with MATLAB will be a big advantage.
- Take the lead on major model enhancements. Shepard them through the research and development, broader business socialisation and implementation stages.
- Liase with Moodys on often highly technical issues around their forecasting model and be able to integrate that into our own forecasting framework.
- Be a key point of contact for the US and Canada with regards to long term capital market forecasts.
- Present updates to the forecasting model, in a clear and concise way, to audiences ranging from highly technical to those with limited technical expertise.
- Work closely with analysts, portfolio managers and clients to identify areas of concern and proactively make suggests to resolve them.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Candidates will likely have 5 – 10 years of professional experience utilizing simulation techniques, financial modeling, and optimization tools, preferably within the investment industry.
- Experience working with stochastic models, Geometric Brownian motion and stochastic calculus. Experience working with short rate term structure models would also be an advantage.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or a related area strongly preferred. Candidates with extensive industry experience should also apply.
- Strong programming and modeling skills with the ability to apply computer technology to financial research is strongly desired. Professional and/or academic experience with Matlab is required. Candidates with very strong backgroud in another programming language may also be considered. Understanding the software development process is a plus.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, including risk control and portfolio construction techniques.An understanding of the long drivers of return on international assets is desired.
- Ability to integrate advanced academic research with applied industry practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Confidence to present our team findings to the broader Russell Investments business and potentially externally.
- The Capital Markets Forecasting team is a global team so the ability to work with limited daily oversight is important as is the willingness to be somewhat flexible in your routine to accommodate alternative time zones.
- Ability to take the initiative and confidently present your view point are viewed very favourably.