Senior Project Financial Analyst
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Sep 17 2017-09-29
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Project Accountant to join our team as a member of our amazing Finance & Accounting division. This detail-oriented rock star will serve as a "subject matter expert" on project financials and support operations and internal teams to ensure timely and accurate completion of project substantiations, project audits, margin analyses, and other project financial-related tasks
At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create an engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you’re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership are what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
You're great at:
- Reviewing contract financial language and providing recommendations to reduce project risk and maximize project profit.
- Completing project substantiations per contract terms on a prescribed schedule based on project or customer need.
- Interfacing with third party Project Auditors and managing delivery of information related to project audits.
- Analyzing financial performance of projects to determine the overall margin and which factors are contributing to the increase or decrease in margin.
- Documenting and analyzing current accounting processes, makes recommendations for improvements and helps manage the implementation of process improvements.
- Developing and maintaining key performance indicators (KPIs) for Project Accounting team.
- Maintaining strong relationships with all customers (internal and external).
- Handling confidential information appropriately.
- Training and supervising Project Accountants and support staff as projects demand.
- Assisting Project Managers with financial-related tasks including job cost transfers, invoices (supplier and subcontractor), customer billings, accounts receivable and collections, and cost and revenue projections.
- Representing Project Accounting on various internal teams (departmental and cross-department).
What we would like to see from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Construction Management or in a related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- At least 3 years project accounting/cost engineering experience in construction or AE consulting required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required; working knowledge of other Microsoft Office Suite products - Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint, Blue Beam, and Visio preferred. Experience with Tableau and/or Power BI and SQL a plus.
- Excellent planning and time management skills; able to calmly handle multiple responsibilities, with interruptions, and prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate proactively, professionally, and persuasively with customers, subcontractors, vendors, and co-workers.
- Experience with ERP software required.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Keywords: project accountant, cost engineer, project analyst, substantiations, project audits, margin analysis, profit analysis, contract, revenue projections, cost projections, project budgets, earned value, variance analysis, project financial analysis, project management, schedule of values, job cost, cash flow