Supervisor, Trade Settlements
- Seattle, WA, USA Seattle WA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Jul 18 2018-07-09
The Supervisor for Trade Settlements is responsible for managing a team of 4+ individuals. The team is responsible for processing and understanding the end-to-end trade settlement life cycle for both domestic and international trades. Review and communicate details to multiple parties, working closely with Traders, Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Administration, Custodians and Brokers on trade issues. Analyze and understand settlement risks on all markets. This requires a hands-on supervisor with the ability to manage multiple deadlines, provide excellent customer service, and motivate staff.
The Supervisor for Trade Settlements is responsible for managing, coordinating and directing the daily operations of the Trade Settlements team. This includes managing a team of 4+ individuals. The team is responsible for processing and understanding the end-to-end trade settlement life cycle for both domestic and international trades. Review and communicate details to multiple parties, working closely with Traders, Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Administration, Custodians and Brokers on trade issues. Analyze and understand settlement risks on all markets. This position requires a hands-on supervisor with the ability to manage multiple deadlines, provide excellent customer service, and motivate staff. The person in this role must feel comfortable with completing or demonstrating best practices in work at all times as well as be able to work with a level of ambiguity and little guidance at times.
The ideal candidate would have experience in a fast-paced environment working with the settlement of a high volume of trades (domestic and global) to ensure the timely settlement of Parametric’s trade activity, reporting and other duties as assigned. We are looking for a self-starter with proven leadership skills as well as keen attention to detail and the ability to work independently under tight deadlines. This person will have a deeper understanding of the “whys” behind processes as well as be able to recommend improvements to aid daily workload.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and supervisory skills and an extensive knowledge of trade life cycle.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day functions of all trade settlement processing
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of industry practices and controls.
- Ensures that the department is adequately staffed on a day-to-day basis, and that all employees are trained, and cross-trained as needed.
- Coaching, training and mentoring staff.
- Reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to make daily operations in the department more efficient/effective.
- Performs wide array of developmental functions, including interviewing, performance appraisals, development planning, and corrective action/termination.
- Manages and drives execution of large and small scale department projects and initiatives including technology components.
- Point of escalation for internal and external clients.
- Manages and identifies challenge areas and executes plans for improvement.
- Continuously monitoring processes to ensure the department is current with changes in the industry.
- Facilitate election workloads to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Audit reviews/approvals.
- Support and mentor new team members.
- Be a proxy for the Manager when the Manager is unavailable.
- Aiding the Ops Associates on general process and procedures related to trade life cycles.
- Understanding of key department processes around corporate actions, restriction management, security maintenance and proxy voting.
- Bachelor’s (4yr) degree w/ concentration in finance or management
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferable with Trade Settlement and or Middle Office experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs, familiarity with the following is a plus: Advent APX, SWIFT, Bloomberg, DTCC Omgeo, DTCC CTM, DTCC Alert and DTCC TradeSuite experience a plus
- Well organized self-starter with the ability to analyze information and support the staff
- Must be able to display strong leadership skills including coaching and mentoring
- Must have strong professionalism and communication skills
- Displays excellent organization, time management and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple staff associates effectively and to meet tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to deliver clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others
- Displays high attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and thoughtfulness. Commitment to meeting identified quality and efficiency standards.
- Comfortable with risk.
- Commitment to satisfying internal and external customers
- Ability to work with a level of ambiguity
- Ability to plan and prioritize
Interested candidates should submit their resume online via the link below.
1918 Eighth Avenue, Suite 3100
Seattle, WA 98101