Trade Settlement Associate
- Seattle, WA, USA Seattle WA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Jul 18 2018-07-09
The Trade Settlement Associate is responsible for the daily processes around ensuring the timely and accurate settlement of domestic and international trade activity. We are looking for a self-starter with proven leadership skills as well as keen attention to detail and the ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to self-manage in a high volume, fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Responsible for the entire process of post trade processes, including transmission of trades to counterparties, matching/confirmation/affirmation of trades, and resolution of exceptions.
- Stay abreast of country specific events impacting trading and settlement. Research and resolve complex problems relating to country specific trade and settlement issues.
- Communicate daily with counterparties and third party venders to expedite timely settlement of trades.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance and of written procedures.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with a wide range of brokers, custodians and vendors.
- Recordkeeping/maintenance of client/broker records and files.
- Perform daily and monthly audits as required
- Participate in technology development efforts as needed.
- Perform daily and monthly audits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s (4yr) degree w/ concentration in finance or accounting.
- 1-2 years industry experience preferred
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs, strong Excel skills necessary
- Advent Axys or APX, Bloomberg experience a plus
- Must have strong professionalism and communication skills
- Displays excellent organization, time management and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Displays high attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and thoughtfulness. Commitment to meeting identified quality and efficiency standards.
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of the settlements process and the lifecycle of a trade is a plus
- Knowledge of Omgeo Alert, Oasys, TradeSuite and SWIFT messaging or other relevant systems a plus
- Professional demeanor
Interested candidates should submit their resume online via the link below.
1918 Eighth Avenue, Suite 3100
Seattle, WA 98101