Financial Specialist LTE, 50%
- Madison, WI, USA
- Temporary, Part time
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- 06 Oct 17 2017-10-06
SWIB is seeking a temporary, half-time (20 hours per week) Financial Specialist (Limited Term Employee) to play a critical role on the Investment and Management Services team for up to 12 months. This position will have the opportunity to work in many functions including journal entries, month-end reconciliation processes and financial reporting.
- Process vendor invoices for payment
- Code and allocate expenses in financial systems
- Perform reconciliations of financial data and resolve differences
- Prepare monthly accrual and prepaid amortization entries
- Analyze financial expense data, research variances, and summarize conclusions
- Produce and reconcile data for monthly and quarterly cost reports
- Validate public market external asset manager fee calculations to contract terms
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in accounting, finance, economics, or similar
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance or related required
- Intermediate level MS Word, Excel, and ERP skills
- Ability to analyze data for trends and spot errors or anomalies
- Knowledge of accounting principles and performance of year-end accounting entries annual (GAAP) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area.
Deadline to apply is October 23, 2017. Resumes will be accepted after that date if the position has not been filled.