- Madison, WI, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
SWIB is seeking a senior systems engineer to play a key role in the organization by delivering technology design solutions to meet the needs of the business. The incumbent will work with different areas of the technology team to implement change and will provide a high level of customer service to the business units by delivering the highest quality infrastructure reliability and operational excellence.
- Provide best practice design and execution of Microsoft Azure infrastructure, automation, and security to enable highly available, reliable, and supportable information systems
- Design and implement best practice information security controls across all layers of the technology stack to protect the organization including managing and maintaining next generation firewalls and cloud security controls
- Follow industry best practice and present ideas for improvement to management
- Lead projects as assigned and provide guidance or training as needed to other members of the Infrastructure and Operations Team
- Support the security and operation of Microsoft SQL Server to ensure database access, consistency, and integrity
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide exemplary infrastructure and operational support.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, technology, or related
- 7+ years of systems engineering experience
- Experience working in a Windows environment, and with Microsoft Azure, Citrix XenApp, PowerShell, Hyper-V a plus
- Experience in next generation firewalls
- Experience in database administration of Microsoft SQL environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful, performance-based incentive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
Deadline to apply is December 10, 2017. Resumes will be accepted after that date if the position has not been filled.