Associate - Investment Banking - Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Westbourne Partners
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Candidates need 4-6 years experience with very strong exposure to large M&A and/or ECM transactions from a top tier investment bank. Role is sector agnostic and candidates do not need a specific industry focus to apply, although generalist is preferred. The bank is a very large and well-known one in UAE, boasting an extremely secure deal flow, meaning this position will be largely execution focused.
Job Title: Associate Director
Division: ECM & Advisory
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
We are one of the largest banks in the MENA region with a particular dominance in the UAE.
The role holder is responsible for actively participating in all aspects of transaction execution in areas of Corporate Finance (buy side, sell side, merger, IPO advisory, strategic review, cross borders, etc.) in order to achieve P&L targets for Corporate Finance in line with the Wholesale and International Banking Group strategy. The role holder is also responsible for collaborating with other Client Service and Product teams to ensure superior service for the clients.
- Originates and manages a portfolio of Corporate Finance clients and provides on-going assistance and advisory to same in order to increase the number of clients and the wallet shares of existing ones.
- Participates in the meetings high level clients, as required, in order to provide guidance, resolve any issues, and facilitate smooth operations and services with these clients, thus building loyalty and client satisfaction.
- Assists and supports the Corporate Finance advisory in originating and executing transactions in areas of Corporate Finance.
- Manages all aspects of transaction execution in areas of Corporate Finance and supports transaction execution in areas such as (IPO advisory, ECM, buy/sell side, merger, strategic review, cross borders, etc.).
- Develops full financial models on corporate finance transactions and conduct valuation analysis using appropriate valuation methodologies including (public market and transaction multiples, DCF, LBO, DDM, merger model, etc.).
- Conducts evaluation of business plans / business models and project reports for business development and/or mandate execution.
- Ensures that appropriate reviews (financial, legal, risk, compliance, etc.) are undertaken, and due diligence completed, on all transactions considered.
- Drafts and prepares marketing presentations, pitch materials, books, information memoranda, investor presentations and term sheets on a timely basis.
- Works closely with the Client Service team to guarantee the highest quality of service to Corporate Finance clients.
- Introduces international best practices and corporate finance standards materials.
Skills, Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Commerce or any related discipline, Masters would be preferable however.
- Minimum 5 years’ IBD experience within a top tier banking environment, ideally focussed on either M&A or ECM transactions.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a proficiency in financial modelling including operational model, accounting, debt facilities, credit metrics and valuation analysis. VBA or other programming experience preferred but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and market date services (e.g. Bloomberg, FactSet, Factiva, Datastream, etc.)
- High levels of motivation and strong work ethic underpinned by an interest and passion for the sector
- Strong organisational and project management skills with ability to multitask