Audit Manager, Finance & Treasury
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Participate as well as lead audits covering the activities and processes of Finance and Treasury (F&T) across the FAB Group. Thorough understanding of business/ relationship aspects, financial control dynamics, finance & liquidity risk management processes and the regulatory environment, both in UAE and other relevant jurisdictions where FAB operates, provide assurance to Management by identifying weaknesses; reporting and escalating significant Audit findings in a timely manner; and agreeing action plans to address the issues raised.
Act as the day to day contact with Management in Finance and Treasury Departments influencing change through providing advice. Provide input to GIA on issues that have impact on the FAB Group as a whole. Conduct special investigations, reviews, additional tasks as and when required by GIA Senior Management.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of IFRS, financial control processes (e.g. SOX) and CBUAE regulatory reporting developments,; drive necessary changes in Audit plan/working programs.
- Safeguarding against potential loss and contributing to the Units/Departments systems and procedures, by reporting whether F&T governance & controls of FAB standards are effectively carried out and are efficient in the units/departments audited.
- Reviewing the F&T functions of the bank end to end and identifying areas of correction / improvement.
- Examine and comment on the process for the early recognition of problems (if any) and their remedial management to minimise the loss.
- Contributing towards the enhancement of relationship between GIA and stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification and/or relevant professional qualification and/ or certification desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience with an International Bank or Big 4. Internal Audit experience strongly preferred (but not mandatory).
- Working knowledge of finance and treasury activities and processes and associated risks.
- Working knowledge of bank and audit policies and procedures, as well as Central Bank regulations, if relevant Self-directed, able to manage multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.