Our Client is a leading investment firm, listed on the public market, where it partners its own capital to develop strong businesses through Private Investments and through its Asset Management business.
They are looking to hire an Executive Director Finance (Deputy CFO) who will report the Chief Financial Officer.
The responsibilities include accounting, management reporting, statutory reporting, internal controls management, financial planning and analysis, financial budgeting, forecasting, investor relations, and treasury management.
- Qualified accountant with recognized accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA etc).
- University degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years of experience Heading Finance in a financial institution, ideally in Private Equity or Asset Management
- Experience in Treasury (banking relationship), equity operations, budgeting, investor relations, communicating to Board, valuations, regulatory reporting will be required.
- Strong pro-active work ethic, willing to partner across departments to complete projects and initiatives
- Able to work to deadlines, and provide effective communication to manage multiple workstreams across teams
- Exercise the highest level of governance and business ethics, with ability to escalate areas that is preventing the company from achieving market leading structures and procedures.
Responsibilities in detail:
- Finalization of the quarterly and annual financial statements for the group company in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Provide guidance and support collecting all necessary supporting documentation and audit evidence to external auditors to enable them to complete their quarterly review and annual audit of the consolidated accounts.
- Review of monthly management accounts of variance analysis, by department, operating divisions, and cost centers. Ensure and report on variances against annual and multi-year financial budgets and targets.
- Produce quarterly financial performance pack for presentation to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Consolidate and review annual budgets and business plan projections prepared for all divisions to ensure that the assumptions made by the respective divisions are reasonable, supported and computed accurately.
- Review and update annual profit or loss forecast updated at least on a quarterly basis (or more frequently if requested by management).
- Provide governance, analysis and approval of all accounting tasks such as purchase orders processing, review of payments with supporting documentation, fixed assets recording, accounting for investments acquisition and disposals, provisions, accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliation statements, purchase price allocation for newly acquired investments in associates and subsidiaries, amortization of intangible assets, impairment analysis of goodwill and tangible assets, impairment analysis of investments.
- Ensure liquidity is managed efficiently and prudently, through management of the group treasury operations, including cash management and cash forecasts.
- Participate, and strengthen relationships with banks and other lenders for financing and funding activities.
- Monitor and reporting of the Company VAT, as well as other international tax obligations
- Oversee IFRS updates, impact assessment and implementation. Review of new transactions and potential IFRS impact.
- Build best practice finance policies and procedures and ensuring appropriate internal controls in place, and to the standard outlined by the Audit Committee
- Frequent relationship activities with board, auditors, banks and investee companies finance teams
- Interact with the regulators such as the Central Bank of UAE and Securities and Commodities authority in relation to the Company’s regulatory reporting obligations.
- Assist the CFO on other special projects and implementation
Communication & Working Relationships:
- Internal key relationships with ‘The Company’s’ Finance team, and Heads of Departments.
- External communication with consultants, auditors, regulators, and banks, as required.