- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half International UAE
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
A leading Investment company is looking to recruit a Finance Director to manage their Middle East operations.
As a key member of the Management team the Finance Director will report to the CEO of the business and assume a role in the overall management of the company. The FD will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct and indirect (for subs) responsibility for audits, accounting, corporate budgeting, finance, bookkeeping, forecasting, cash management, payments, remittances, policies and procedures relating to the department, strategic planning, reporting and partnership compliance.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization across the various entities.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with IFRS, GAAP, or any other accounting standard applicable in the jurisdiction of operations well as local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting if any.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of corporate and project budgets.
- Engage the finance committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Mentor and develop a direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO of the business and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors)
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company strategic plan, especially as the organization considers sponsorships, potential acquisitions, and collaborations with external organizations.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with significant Finance experience at top management level (15 years Minimum).
Knowledge of IFRS, GAAP and other regulatory guidelines and policies.
High ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
Intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication & negotiation skills.
Up to 95,000aed per month DOE