Arab Monetary Fund is a regional Arab financial institution based in Abu Dhabi, with the mission to lay the monetary foundation of Arab economic integration and to accelerate the process of economic development of its member countries. In this context, the AMF supports banking and financial sector development in the Arab States and provide assistance towards its integrity and efficiency. Moreover, the AMF carries out and acts as a technical secretariat for the Council of Arab Ministers of Finance, the Council of Arab Central Banks and Monetary Authorities’ Governors as well as for its sub-committees and task forces.
The AMF is seeking experienced candidates to fill the position of "Financial Sector Specialist" focusing on Financial Infrastructure and Payment Systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the implementation of the AMF’s strategy in relation with financial sector development programs and initiatives, including enhancing access to finance and financial services through effective financial market infrastructure.
- Support the implementation and follow-up activities of financial market infrastructure development initiatives in the Arab countries.
- Prepare programs to provide technical support to the Arab countries in developing financial sector in the capital markets areas in general, and in financial market infrastructure in particular.
- Contribute to the implementation of various programs and activities related to the development and financial market infrastructure, jointly conducted with IFIs.
- Participate in the follow-up of the financial market infrastructure projects.
- Participation in the work of various committees and task forces, in which AMF acts as a technical Secretariat, such as the Arab Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems, and the Arab Committee on Credit Information.
- Contribute to various activities, studies and events carried out by the AMF within the framework of its financial sector development mandate.
- Conduct studies and research papers in the financial sector
- Arab country’s citizen.
- Minimum of a master’s degree from reputed university in economic, finance, Business development, IT or other related fields.
- Relevant experience in similar fields of work not less than 5 years in the Central Banks, preferably with the departments of payment and settlement systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international principles, especially the principles of financial market infrastructure (PFMIs).
- Comprehensive knowledge of new financial technology such as Distributed Ledger Technology and Blockchain, their impact on traditional payment systems and their role in strengthening financial and banking sector.
- Deepen knowledge in Cross-Border electronic payments Centers.
- Deepen knowledge in Instant payments in small payments.
- Deep knowledge in capital market payment infrastructure systems.
- Deep knowledge on Digital and risk of Cyberattacks on Payment Systems.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is essential; fluency in French is highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical and communications skills, including usage of Microsoft Office applications and ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrates ability to carry out research and analytical tasks.
- Have published research and studies.