Global Head of Markets Compliance Advisory
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Holmes Search
- 08 Aug 18 2018-08-08
*UAE BASED* The main responsibilities of this role is to support the Group’s compliance strategy in their compliance plans to deliver a strong and integrated Compliance regime. An excellent opportunity for a VP/SVP level candidate looking for a change. Equivalent of £120k TAX FREE BASE + Circa £30k bonus
- Act as an advisor to Global Markets Division by soliciting with authorised expertise as required providing timely and accurate Compliance advice on any critical compliance and regulatory matters to Global Market Business.
- Lead and manage the creation, implementation and monitoring of the GM Compliance framework and plan that properly addresses Compliance needs and requirements in line with laws, rules and regulations.
- In conjunction with other internal stakeholders, manage the assessment and implementation of new regulations, material changes to existing regulations and extraterritorial regulations ( EMIR/MIFID/DFA/ Volcker etc…) applicable to the Global Market business.
- Develop, implement and execute a Risk-Based Compliance review programme that will provide assurance of compliant and non-compliant activities across GM Business.
- Manage the creation and execution of the Compliance training plan for Global Markets
- Maintain an issue tracking mechanism for all regulatory and compliance incidents identified from the Compliance program reviews and external regulatory visits (e.g. Central Banks/Regulators, Internal / External Audit, etc…) and advise business management on how to enhance controls through the creation of effective corrective action plans.
- Regularly monitor the implementation of the corrective action of compliance related findings for the GM business and ensure proper compliance through effective communication with related parties across the Group.
- Liaise with regulators and organisational bodies (such as Central Banks and SCA ) on compliance risk matters and inform applicable stakeholders on significant observations, comments and findings raised by the respective authorities.
- Provide advice and guidance to related parties on day-to-day issues as required and applicable
- Escalate material Compliance issues to the respective Compliance units as necessary.
Execute other duties as directed by the Head of Compliance - CIB & International