Head of Audit - Wealth Management & Private Banking
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
A subject matter expert responsible for planning and executing audits covering the activities and processes of the Group’s Wealth Management and Private Banking functions domestically and in all international locations as well as related peripheral activities across the FAB Group. Through a thorough understanding of credit and operational risks / controls and any regulatory implications, both in UAE and other relevant jurisdictions where FAB operates, provide assurance to Management by identifying weaknesses; reporting and escalating significant Audit findings in a timely manner; and agreeing action plans to address the issues raised.
Act as the day to day contact with Wealth Management, Private Banking and related areas hence influencing change through providing advice. As part of the GIA Extended Management Team (EMT), provide input to GIA on issues that have impact to the FAB Group as a whole. Conduct special investigations, reviews, additional tasks as and when required by Head of Audit PB, Ops & Support/GCAO.
To contribute to the audit process by conducting comprehensive evaluations of operational efficiency, internal control environments and protection of assets.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of best practises in Wealth Management, Private Banking and related areas including key regulatory developments, across different jurisdictions relevant to FAB Group; drive necessary changes in Audit plan/working programs to take into consideration regulatory changes; act as a trusted advisor to Wealth Management, Private Banking and related Functions.
- Drive the development in the areas of Wealth Management, Private Banking and related areas of the Audit function.
- Reviewing and Analysing the Audit Methodology and operations in search for greater efficiency, impact and being in line with Industry best practises.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification and/or relevant professional qualification and/ or certification desirable.
- 10 + years’ relevant experience. Internal Audit experience preferred. At least 4 years in similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in Wealth Management, Private Banking and or Audit function.
- Expert knowledge of Wealth Management, Private Banking and related activities, processes and associated risks controls.
- Strong leadership capability and team-oriented with highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed, able to manage multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.