Head of Credit- MEA & NPC
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
First Abu Dhabi Bank is looking for a candidate who can take end-to-end responsibility for credit approval process, portfolio monitoring, regulatory responsibilities within credit risk in the region and management of credit team.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Implement a robust portfolio management process for all of the accounts. This should include regular client visits and call memos, regular monitoring of results, monitoring of news.
- Guide and implement a strong credit approval process with robust risk analysis & clear recommendations. Ensure credit processing & approval turnaround times as per agreed SLAs with CIB.
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff to maximise sectional performance
- Ensure that all unit reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet FAB requirements, policies and quality standards
- Act as a role model and drive adherence to organisational values and ethics by employees of the assigned department to foster a value driven culture within the bank.
- Able to build relationships through strong communication and negotiation skills
Qualification and Experience
- Post graduate degree in business or finance. MBA degree would be preferred
- 12-15 years’ relevant experience in the banking sector with at least 7-8 years of Regional experience (Middle East and Africa) in credit with 2-3 years in similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in the Credit function
- Arabic speakers will be strongly considered