IT Technology Associate
- 100-110k USD
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Our client, a prominent UAE government organisation are currently looking to recruit an IT Technology Operations associate to join their organisation.
As a member of the team responsible for production technology operations, Technology Operations performs a critical function for the orgnisations IT Department as the primary operator of the technology plant and production environment custodian.
Technology Operations is core to the delivery, maintenance and support of the production technology environment. The team is responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of technology services to end-users. This entails day-to-day operational duties as well as strategic gate-keeping and custodial accountabilities.
Technology Operations is required to provide first responder support for end-users and is the primary first responder out-of-hours for front office and other key business functions.
Approximately 100k USD p/a + additional benefits and relocation assistance.
Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role ideally in a technology operations environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal. Able to clearly articulate technical issues and activities to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Detail-oriented with a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong ownership and demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Flexible approach to working hours as shifts are employed to provide 24x7 coverage.
- Strong working experience with job scheduling applications.
- Experience with middleware applications.
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows Server and VMware operating systems.
- Broad knowledge of hardware, networking and software fundamentals with solid troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in monitoring the production environment across multiple technology disciplines: applications, O/S, networking, storage, databases, etc.
- Initiative and desire to maintain exposure across multiple technology disciplines.
- Strong team skills whilst being able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong production ethic and customer orientation.
- Industry certification such as ITIL is an asset.