Internal Control Specialist
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
The job purpose is to implement the internal control framework within Compliance and associated governance across key risk areas and ensure that the risk and control environment across the bank is adequately represented in the relevant RCSAs in order to ensure that all material risks have adequate controls in place.
Risk and Control Assessment and Management:
- In conjunction with the Head of Department, implement, the agreed programme for control assurance in order to identify/assess key controls within Compliance and determine the design/operating effectiveness.
- Track ineffective controls and related risk assessment / conformance testing results (in light of issue origination, remediation and embedment) in order to ensure controls are operating effectively.
Internal Control and Monitoring:
- Perform the review of RCSA control testing carried out by BORM’s in line with the agreed internal control framework in order to challenge KRI ratings and overall risk assessment results submitted by business functions
- Implement the annual schedule for process reviews, identify gaps and recommend corrective actions to ensure the organisation is protected from regulatory and operational risk perspective
- Maintain a monitoring programme to ensure effective execution of ad hoc testing assignments and that remedial actions or control improvements are implemented.
Quality Assurance and RCSA:
- Perform quality assurance reviews for Compliance to compliment the outcome of RCSA programme in order to ensure consistency and keep up to date with new/revised processes
- Prepare and document the testing outcome against the agreed plan to ensure adequate onward reporting of results to be reflected as part of Compliance MIS.
- Complete pre-audit preparation to define overall scope of review to be undertaken, support Compliance units to conduct pre audit reviews and flag any ‘hot spots’ in order to ensure review readiness
- Track the status of open audit observations, review progress and quality assure the readiness for issue closure in order to ensure issues identified during audit process/regulatory reviews are addressed and relevant controls enhanced.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE:
- At least 6 years of experience in banking/financial services industry in an audit/risk management department with exposure to compliance assurance and financial crime.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- Certification in AML & Sanctions; Internal Auditing or Accountancy
- Understanding of audit and risk management practices