A leading manufacturing company is looking to recruit a Senior Business Planning and Reporting Analyst.
This role will require strong relationship building and influencing skills, as you will be called upon to successfully deliver in the role, while managing multiple stakeholders in different countries and environments. The key responsibilities of this role will be to
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Business Planning & Reporting Manager, as well as other members of the Finance department and various internal customers, in various regular report generation and by providing insights for management or shareholders
- Support in business plan creation and be a key focal point for identifying opportunities and cost anomalies in business plan challenges
- Own and manage the corporate economic model for planning, forecasting and scenario analysis. Additionally, assess and own economic and financial benefit / risks to proposed future strategy, capex or financing proposals
- Utilise analytics tools and develop models that will support data-driven decision-making. Become a super-user to develop and promote use throughout business
- Form strong partnership with Technical Director in identifying & evaluating operational opportunities in OpCo's.
- Act as the finance lead on various technical initiatives to reduce costs and set stretch targets for next 3 years
- Provide economic perspective / challenge on capex and investment proposals to investment committee
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the automation of standard reports, development of tools and dashboards which save time, enhance ownership of performance in the business and presents new insights on value increase with them
- Provide timely and accurate ad-hoc reporting and analysis support to management.
- As a senior financial expert, coach and develop expertise amongst group FP&A staff.
- Maintain good relations and communication lines with local accountants
- Perform and / or supervise special projects as assigned.
- Identify and analyse further opportunities for performance improvement across the business, both financial and operational
This organisation is still early in its development, essentially still in a start-up phase, therefore it is a very volatile and fast moving environment. Candidates joining the organisation must be comfortable with ambiguity, prepared to roll up their sleeves where needed and both recognise and then act on opportunities when they are presented. The successful candidate will be;
- Qualified with a professional Finance / Accountancy certification (CIMA, CFA, etc)
- Experienced in a similar role within a manufacturing environment, e.g. Finance Business Partner
- Highly commercial, able to understand the wider activities of a manufacturing business outside the scope of finance
- Highly analytical, with the ability to interpret raw data and translate it into clear, concise information
- Experienced at financial modelling, with a broad economic understanding in addition to their core finance and accountancy skills
- Extremely strong with regard to attention to detail
- A strong communicator in both written & verbal English. Those who also speak Arabic would also be of interest, but this is not essential.
- Experienced with using detailed data analytics systems, e.g. Power BI or Alteryx
- Expert in Microsoft Excel to manipulate, filter, export, analyse and report data
- Experienced with a range of ERP systems (SAP, HFM, Oracle preferred)
Salary and Benefits
My client is seeking an exceptional candidate, so the vast majority of applicants are unlikely to meet the criteria, but for those who do, they can offer a highly competitive remuneration, in addition to a family benefits package including medical, flights, visa and bonus.