Senior Manager – Market Infrastructure & Products (Technology Risk & Governance)
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM)
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Organisation set up responsibilities (one-off activities for the creation of the function)
- Assist with the process for the establishment and implementation of a dedicated technology risk and governance functionality within MIP (including liaison with internal/external technical and regulatory stakeholders).
- Preparation and implementation of related policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of the short term and long term objectives of MIP.
- Day to day management of the MIP Technology Risk and Governance functionality.
- Front-line liaison with Crypto Asset Exchanges, Recognised Investment Exchanges, MTFs and OTFs in order to ensure appropriate technology risk and governance controls are in place, as well as monitoring of relevant test/live environments.
- Engage and service a diverse range of stakeholders including Market Participants and data/system vendors.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams (on Crypto Asset Exchanges, market infrastructure supervision and continuous disclosure matters).
- Assist with the operationalisation of FSRA technology upgrades.
- Monitoring and updating operational procedures and risk controls.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting by MIP.
- Deliver additional tasks that may be delegated from Line Manager.
Strategic responsibilities (on-going strategic responsibilities post set-up)
- Continuously improve MIP practices to ensure that ADGM takes a leading role in technology risk and governance, and related capital market, developments.
- Pro-actively engage with ADGM, regional and international market participants and other stakeholders.
- Advise MIP on relevant changes to regional and international regulations and practices that impact MIP requirements.
- Support the Line Manager in operating MIP responsibly and proficiently.
- Embed the culture and vision in MIP by role-modelling organisational behaviours through performance management, feedback and coaching.
- Professionally qualified in one of the following disciplines: IT / Computer science-related discipline, Legal, Finance, Economics or a related discipline.
- Prior experience leading a technology risk and governance team.
- Prior experience in establishment, testing and maintenance of technology risk and governance systems.
- Proven ability and understanding of operations, regulations, and risk management of Crypto Asset industry.
- Prior experience in a fast paced deadline driven operational environment.
- Proven ability to work with IT vendors, and internal IT staff and systems.
- Fluent in business English.
- Understanding of Market Infrastructures (exchanges, clearing houses and trading platforms), including knowledge in the operation of such infrastructures (locally and internationally).
- Knowledge of the FSRA Market Infrastructure Rulebook (MIR).
- Proven ability and understanding of operations, regulations, and risk management of the securities/derivatives industry.
- Experience in dealing with local/international regulatory bodies.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated project management, planning, organisation and analytical skills.