- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 22 Sep 17
First Abu Dhabi Bank is looking for Strategy Principal who will work with all relevant businesses, functions and geographic areas across the Strategy Group to create, guide and execute the strategic plans for the Group.
Responsibilities not restricted to:
- The role holder will be expected to provide professional advice to the EXCO of FAB across all strategy-related areas e.g. market trends, financial indicators, innovation, business model transformation, international expansion and highlights possible investments and alliances for FAB. This will entail ensuring a deep understanding of the external environment as well as the internal environment of the bank.
- The Strategy Principal is expected to drive wide ranging discussions with senior management including the Executive committee across functions on varied topics not limited to businesses such as wholesale, retail banking, treasury funding, Islamic banking, brokerage business risk, credit, and finance to aid in strategic decision making.
- The Strategy Principal is expected to stay up to date with industry and macro trends to provide analysis, insight and guidance to the most senior levels of the Bank.
- The ideal candidate must be able to explain and explore various sectors, target customers, CVPs, and to align to the capabilities at the business level. This cascade of the FAB Group level strategy to Businesses and Departments must be done while ensuring the vertical and horizontal alignment of the strategy.
- The Strategy Principle will also be responible to analyse and make recommendations on different markets, business areas, product lines and customer groupings the bank should participate in. The job holder will also work to carry out deep dive on-going analysis on the internal state of the bank.
- The candiadte will also be involved in taking up Mergers and Acquisitions projects being dependent on the size and complexity of the project. This would entail the full M&A process from target identification and screening, investment banking partnering, negotiation, due diligence, deal structuring, regulatory requirements and closing. It will also involve post deal integration and long term restructuring as required.
- Strategic projects will also be managed by the candidate and will be varied in nature and could involve diverse topics such as, inter alia, feasibility studies, business model creation and implementation through to business closures and divestments. These projects must be managed taking into account the cross-business and function nature of the teams involved, and delivered to demanding time, budget and quality requirements.
- The Strategy Principal will also be responsible for supporting Group Funding exercises, Group Risk processes, Ratings exercises and Investor Relations exercises such as, inter alia, EMTN / Bond programme prospectuses, the UAE Central bank ICAAP review, Risk Appetite Framework content, Analyst and Investor Days and Investor Relations performance updates for the public.
Expected knowledge and skills:
- Minimum 15 years of business experience with hands on experience in Senior level strategy consulting from a top tier consulting firm
- The candidate must possess a Bachelors or Masters Degree or Professional Qualification in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Commerce or any related discipline
FAB's ideal candidate will have deep banking knowledge across businesses (Wholesale / Retail / Treasury) and functions e.g. Risk, Credit, Finance, Operations. The candidate will have a good leadership background and is able to communicate a strong strategy within the function. Demonstrated ability to lead and influence strategic decision making with the highest level of management in large organizations . The candidate would have managed a vast team of professionals. The candidate has a strong capability in managing stakeholder expectations especially the Leadership team.