VP & Senior Audit Manager, Operations & Support
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 19 May 18 2018-05-19
In the role of a Team Leader responsible for planning and executing audits covering the activities and processes of Group’s Operations and Support Functions domestically and in all international locations as well as related peripheral activities across the FAB Group. Thorough understanding of business/ relationship aspects, product dynamics, Operational risk management processes and the regulatory environment, both in UAE and other relevant jurisdictions where FAB operates, provide assurance to Management by identifying weaknesses; reporting and escalating significant Audit findings in a timely manner; and agreeing action plans to address the issues raised.
Act as the day to day contact with Management in Operations and Support Functions and related areas influencing change through providing advice. Provide input to GIA on issues that have impact on the FAB Group as a whole. Conduct special investigations, reviews, additional tasks as and when required by GIA Senior Management.
- Assisting in the audit of FAB Group’s Operations and Support related activities in the UAE and across the international network (functional). Furthermore, Group Subsidiaries with Operational presence will be covered.
- Ensure that operational and compliance audits are conducted in accordance with the objectives laid down in the Annual Plan and ensure that the work program is completed in an efficient and effective manner on or ahead of schedule. Inform Head of Audit of any potential delays and/or changes to the Annual Plan.
In undertaking audits:
- Provide guidance and on the job training for junior colleagues and conduct knowledge sharing to facilitate achievement of team objectives and completion of tasks in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
- Promote the organisation’s values and ethics in all activities within the team to support the establishment of a value driven culture within the bank.
Budgeting and Financial Performance
- Monitor the financial performance of given areas of activities versus budgets and ensure all activities are carried out in line with the approved guidelines while promptly reporting on any variances to management.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Execute to established GIA Policies, Guidance Notes, Procedures and Practice Notes in undertaking all tasks. Provide input to the development of GIA practices as per industry standards and regulatory expectations.
- Review all the activities of the Units within FAB Group’s Operations and Support related activities in all the jurisdictions in which the groups operates to define and maintain the Audit Universe. Coordinate with other teams to ensure efficient and effective coverage.
- Prepare and maintain a Risk Assessment of each of the Process Streams within the FAB Group’s Operations and Support related Units as identified in the Audit Universe. In this respect, work with the businesses to promote periodic self-assessment of risks and controls. Establish/update and maintain Audit programs in the central audit management tool.
- Establish/update and maintain Audit programs in the central audit management tool.
- Conduct audits of the Processes within the Group’s Operations and Support related activities and assess if:
- Divisional/Unit Line management have identified and classified the risks in their activities.
- Governance, risk management and control procedures are adequate, effective and efficient to reduce risks of errors, omissions and loss to acceptable levels at an acceptable cost.
- Improvements/enhancements to the governance, risk management and internal control structure are required.
- Data and transaction processing meets the required standards of reliability, integrity and availability.
- The Division’s/Unit’s assets are being safeguarded.
- The use of resources is efficient and effective.
- Draft audit report submitted by auditors are properly reviewed and finalized.
- Audit report is discussed and finalized with GIA management/client within 3 weeks of completion of fieldwork. Negotiate with Unit management to agree a documented Management Action Plan to resolve the issues raised.
- Lead the identification of change through continuous improvement of processes and practices considering global standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all relevant external/internal entities and stakeholders with the highest standards of business ethics, whilst promptly attending to all critical issues in-order to ensure the services required by the organisation are delivered in the most effective manner.
- Act as the Audit Business Partner for Line Managers within Operations and Support related Unit’s teams and actively manage the relationship through regular meetings with Line Managers to promote this concept and identify emerging risks. Such meetings should also be used to discuss any material gaps between audit assessment or risks and controls and the businesses’ self-assessment.
- Ongoing consultancy/advice is provided to Unit management from a governance, risk management and control perspective for improvements in their processes to ensure effective and efficient controls, on the basis of market best practices.
- On an ongoing basis, ensure pending audit issues are followed up with Unit management and that all corrective actions are fully and properly implemented.
- Conduct any investigations/special reviews assigned by Head of Audit/GCAO.
Ensure that all functional reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet Group requirements, policies and quality standards.
- Safeguarding against potential loss and contributing to the Units/Departments systems and procedures, by reporting whether Operational/Regulatory controls of FAB standards are effectively carried out and are efficient in the units/departments audited.
- Reviewing the Operations and Support related functions of the bank end to end and identifying areas of correction / improvement.
- Examine and comment on the process for the early recognition of problems (if any) and their remedial management to minimise the loss.
- Preparation / Review of Audit MIS/ dash Boards including audit committee presentation slides relating to audit conducted in the Operations and Support space.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of key product, processes and regulatory developments; drive necessary changes in Audit plan/working programs.
- Contributing towards the enhancement of relationship between GIA and stakeholders.
- Keeping abreast of the local and international economic trends, banking practices and regulatory prescriptions.
FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES, & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Functions within the framework and boundaries of Group Internal Audit policies as well as overall organisational and governance frameworks.
- Authorised to take decisions as per the approved authorisation matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification and/or relevant professional qualification and/ or certification desirable.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience with an International Bank or Big 4. Internal Audit experience strongly preferred (but not mandatory). At least 5 years similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in the Bank Operations, Risk Management and/or Audit function.
- Expert knowledge of operational activities and processes and associated risks.
- Strong leadership capability and team-oriented with highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed, able to manage multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.