VP & Senior Audit Manager, Personal Banking
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
In the role of a Team Leader responsible for planning and executing audits covering the activities and processes of Personal Banking (PB) and related Credit activities across the FAB Group. Thorough understanding of business/ relationship aspects, product dynamics, Credit and Operational risk management processes and the regulatory environment, both in UAE and other relevant jurisdictions where FAB operates, provide assurance to Management by identifying weaknesses; reporting and escalating significant Audit findings in a timely manner; and agreeing action plans to address the issues raised.
Act as the day to day contact with Management in PB and PB Credit Departments influencing change through providing advice. Provide input to GIA on issues that have impact on the FAB Group as a whole. Conduct special investigations, reviews, additional tasks as and when required by GIA Senior Management.
- Safeguarding against potential loss and contributing to the Units/Departments systems and procedures, by reporting whether Credit / Operational controls of FAB standards are effectively carried out and are efficient in the units/departments audited.
- Reviewing the PB Credit & Collection functions of the bank end to end and identifying areas of correction / improvement.
- Examine and comment on the process for the early recognition of problems (if any) and their remedial management to minimise the loss.
- Preparation / Review of Audit MIS/ dash Boards including audit committee presentation slides relating to audit conducted in the PB/Credit space.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of key product, processes and regulatory developments,; drive necessary changes in Audit plan/working programs.
- Contributing towards the enhancement of relationship between GIA and stakeholders.
- Keeping abreast of the local and international economic trends, banking practices and regulatory prescriptions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification and/or relevant professional qualification and/ or certification desirable.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience with an International Bank or Big 4. Internal Audit experience strongly preferred (but not mandatory). At least 5 years similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in the PB, PB Credit, Risk Management and/or Audit function.
- Expert knowledge of credit activities and processes and associated risks.
- Strong leadership capability and team-oriented with highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed, able to manage multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.