The individual will be responsible for objectively determining the value created within the company's portfolio for the purposes of measuring and reporting periodical performances . The individual will be acting as a trusted advisor providing support to the leadership and management of the company's platforms within all matters of valuation.
The client is a multi-billion dollar holding company based in Abu Dhabi, UAE with a significant global portfolio consisting of a wide range of asset classes.
Based in Abu Dhabi and reporting to the Head of Valuations, the role will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct regular independent valuations, return analysis, market benchmarking and performance measurement analysis for portfolio companies, projects and other group assets.
- Continual development of the group-level valuation methodology to ensure alignment to international best practices.
- Develop group-level reports and presentations in relation to asset, sector and group performance in order to provide impactful analyses and recommendations to aid management decision-making.
- Work closely with the Platform Finance teams in order to support and align methodology and guidelines implementation, resolve issues, mitigate risks, and ensure timely and effectively completion of asset valuations.
- Build and manage effective relationships with Platform teams to deliver financial thought leadership in the assets in order to ensure group-level delivery on valuation.
- Identify and act upon opportunities to further one's knowledge of, and exposure to, the organisation's operations across both the corporate and platform level in order to develop one's own professional capabilities.
- Support the development of more junior colleagues by providing regular feedback and on-the-job development experience in order to build capability within the function.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business administration from an internationally recognised university
- Preferably, a Master's degree in Finance from an internationally recognised university and/or a relevant professional financial qualification such as CFA, CA, CPA, ACA or ACCA
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in progressively more complex and senior-level roles in valuation with an asset manager/private equity/ investment bank/Big Four
- Good understanding of broader areas of corporate finance including financing, value creation, business performance, financial planning and management reporting
- Strong communication skills
Great work-life balance and global exposure