The client is a multi-billion dollar sovereign wealth fund in Abu Dhabi that has built a significant global portfolio consisting of a wide range of asset classes. The role is the next step of maturity of the organisation where the individual will be involved in the valuation of the growing portfolio of various assets and an advisor, providing support to the leadership team.
The individual will be responsible for objectively determining the value created within the client's portfolio for the purposes of measuring and rewarding performance.The role will also require the individual to be collaborative, balancing the differing views of our various stakeholders within a challenging and diverse environment. Additionally, the individual will be acting as a trusted advisor providing support to the leadership and management of the client's platforms within a center of excellence for all matters of valuation.
Reporting to the Head of Valuation, the individual will:
- Conduct regular independent valuations, return analysis, market benchmarking and performance measurement analysis for portfolio companies, projects and other group assets.
- Continual development of the group-level valuation methodology to ensure alignment to international best practices.
- Develop group-level reports and presentations in relation to asset, sector and group performance in order to provide impactful analyses and recommendations to aid management decision-making.
- Work closely with the platform finance teams in order to support and align methodology and guidelines implementation, resolve issues, mitigate risks, and ensure timely and effectively completion of asset valuations.
- Ensure valuations are of high quality and are supported by adequate and reliable underlying assumptions in order to ensure objective measurement of performance.
- Build and manage effective relationships with platform teams to deliver financial thought leadership in the assets in order to ensure group-level delivery on valuation.
- Support the development of more junior colleagues by providing regular feedback and on-the-job development experience in order to build capability within the function.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration.
- Preferably, a master’s degree in finance from an internationally recognised university and/or a relevant professional financial qualification such as CFA, CVA, ICVS, CBV, CA or ACCA.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in progressively more complex and senior-level roles in valuation, with an increasing emphasis on supporting and developing junior team members.
- Preferably, working experience in a multi-national consulting firm in a financial advisory practice, or experience working in a private equity firm or investment bank.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good understanding of broader areas of corporate finance including financing, value creation, business performance, financial planning and management reporting.
- Strong technical valuation knowledge and the ability to advise and influence at various organizational levels.
- Ability to shape and lead problem solving, and drive insightful solutions
- Conduct regular independent valuations, return analysis, market be