- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
AVP- Analyst / VP- Senior Analyst - Sovereign
Location: Dubai, United Arab EmiratesLocation: London preferred, potentially Paris or Dubai
The Role / Responsibilities
We have an opportunity within Moody's Sovereign Risk Group (SRG) to join the London-based team and be responsible for the credit analysis of a portfolio of sovereign governments and multinational development banks, with an initial focus on Sub-Saharan African sovereign and supranational issuers.
This is an intellectually stimulating role where the Senior analyst will be instrumental in providing insightful credit analysis, maintaining the adequacy of ratings for which he or she is responsible, responding to investor inquiries, contributing to Moody's global sovereign risk analysis, participating in and representing the group at conferences and meetings, and writing reports. This is a challenging, high profile position and requires in-depth knowledge of credit trends affecting sovereigns and multi-lateral institutions. The Senior analyst is to manage effective interaction with government and supranational representatives, investors and other market participants.
• Perform in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a regular basis on each issuer in a portfolio of sovereign entities and multinational development banks
• Maintain currency of credit ratings for issuers in portfolio
• Be a recognized expert with in-depth knowledge on the issuers portfolio and share expertise with others in group and across the firm
• Present recommendations and credit analyses to rating committees
• Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends, market and political developments, including annual credit reports, periodic credit opinion reports, special comments and short articles on current topics
• Actively participate in regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conferences, third party presentations and media opportunities
• Attend and conduct analytical meetings with issuers
• Communicate persuasively with investors and other market participants about Moody's credit ratings, credit analysis and market views
• Contribute to, and perform credit analysis, across Moody's rated sovereigns globally
• Mentor and develop more junior analysts
• Adhere to applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures and best practices
The Department / Team:
National governments are the largest capital market borrowers. Moody's Sovereign Risk Group provides ratings and research on sovereign and supranational issuers. Moody's sovereign ratings entail not only a quantitative analysis, but also a qualitative understanding of historical, political and cultural factors that do not easily lend themselves to quantification. Moody's sovereign ratings are based on a globally consistent and transparent methodological approach to assessing credit risk.
• Substantial experience in sovereign credit analysis or related experience covering macroeconomic, public policy
• Strong understanding of the economic, financial, political and institutional challenges and issues facing sovereigns and supranationals
• Strong background in macroeconomic analysis with particular expertise in fiscal and balance of payments analysis
• Sound judgment - capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views
• Strong communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent Moody's effectively at a senior level
• Strong public speaking experience
• Strong academic background - Graduate degree in Economics or related field strongly preferred
• Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
• Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• International work experience an advantage
• Fluency in English (both spoken and written) is essential. Fluency in French is highly desirable
• Willingness to travel (meetings with government officials and private sector entities in country)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.