- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 3 - Ratings Research Support - Corporate Finance Group - Dubai - Arabic Speaker
Location: Dubai, United Arab EmiratesProvide lead analysts with holistic credit analysis of issuers - for both ratings and research. Will review work produced by less experienced Associates and build on preliminary analysis to formulate more comprehensive credit analysis.
The AA role supports lead analysts in interactions with external markets, including issuers and investors. Operating as the single point of contact for multiple lead analysts, the AA will also liaise with multiple associates in varying locations.
The AA role provides an opportunity for the candidate to make a significant contribution towards the success of the RRS and R&R functions by providing a range of analytical support that contributes to overall credit analysis outcomes.
The AA role will focus primarily on one Line of Business (LOB), and there is the potential for cross-training, in supporting varying portfolios and methodologies in other LOBs, as part of career progression. The AA role provides a unique opportunity to develop strong analytical and professional skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Provides analytical and research support on a portfolio of more complex and high profile credits under the principal direction of lead analysts in the Ratings & Research functions.
- Provides initial review and quality assessment of work products from more junior associates.
- Performs holistic analysis of issuers and markets and applies, with limited guidance, relevant Moody's methodologies.
- Supports lead analysts in advanced and bespoke analytical tasks, examples include:
- Analysis of debt documentation; preparation of rating committee memos; drafting of issuer and sector research; preparation of materials for issuer meetings and investor briefings.
- Provides credit specific nuance and identifies credit issues that affect issuer ratings for discussion with lead analyst or Manager.
- Effectively and persuasively communicates credit knowledge and rating analysis rationale in both written and oral form.
- Periodically accompanies lead analyst to issuer and investor meetings, and may lead certain issuer discussions; supports lead analyst in ongoing interactions.
- Attends/ presents certain sections of Rating Commitees memos in certain Rating Committees (primarily for development purposes).
- Develops and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Performs certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed.
The EMEA Corporate Finance team provides ratings on corporate investment grade and speculative grade issuers based in Europe .
The Ratings & Research Support (RRS) department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research (R&R) function. In addition, this department will provide support for primary and surveillance activities and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- Solid academics with BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a Finance / Banking / Accounting discipline.
- Ideally, relevant credit analysis experience ideally within Corporate Finance or related experience from a recognised financial institution or an audit firm.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA and or CIMA /ACCA) would be highly beneficial Demonstrates sound accounting knowledge when reviewing financial statements.
- Solid understanding of cash-flow lending techniques and financial/statistical research capabilities.
- Ability to use financial models and software specific to the business.
- Solid quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to use financial models and software specific to the business.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage own workflow/priorities accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrable research skills.
- Fluent in English and Arabic is essential.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.