- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Oct 17
Communications Strategist - Translator
Location: Dubai, United Arab EmiratesThe Communications Strategist-Translator translates both from and into Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and English, respectively, as part of the global communications team's mandate to develop and execute on communication plans and strategies. Acting as a business partner to client groups within the company, and partnering with colleagues across the Communications team globally, the Communications Strategist-Translator contributes to a wide spectrum of initiatives driving either internal or external communications projects that further the team's mission to be a strategic partner driving Moody's thought leadership, enhancing reputation and influencing perception through clear and persuasive communications.
- Makes recommendations to analysts on proper terminology and phrasing to ensure the integrity of messaging; professionally communicates his/her own opinions while maintaining constructive relationships with internal clients.
- Works with strategists and other Communications team members in providing counsel to the business about positioning Moody's published material to the local market.
- Works with the EMEA Translations Coordinator to review translations done by external third parties for accuracy and soundness, to manage and safeguard Material Non Public Information (MNPI) and other non-public information, to ensure all regulatory requirements for translations are met; and to prioritize the pipeline of documents for translation by evaluating business priorities and expediting regulatory items.
- Works independently, often without on-site supervision.
- Where applicable, may occasionally also provide oral interpretation services for certain internal or external meetings.
- May be required to occasionally provide back-up support to the EMEA Translations Coordinator with regard to arranging external translations.
- May be required to occasionally engage in media monitoring for analysts and country manager, providing competitive information or relevant news cycles that support MIS business (supporting the Middle East media relations strategist).
- May be cross-trained to provide backup support for other Communications functions including media relations, content development, events, internal communications, etc.
Moody's Shared Services (MSS)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong detail orientation and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to advise and influence business partners.
- Strong positive attitude, with sense of self-motivation and accountability.
- Adaptable, flexible, and open to change.
- Strong technical/computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint Software, and Translation Tools such as TRADOS
- English fluency/proficiency is essential; an additional language is helpful.
- Ability to translate complex financial research reports, press releases, and other relevant material, including legal documents, both from and into English and Modern Standard Arabic, respectively.
- Arabic native speaker, fluency in English.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Appropriate translation qualification/s, i.e. university, or equivalent, degree as Translator, specialising in Finance/Economics and Legal.
- A thorough understanding of financial terminology and the workings of capital markets.
- Relevant translation experience gained within the financial sector.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.