- USD260000 per annum
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half International UAE
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Robert Half is working with a leading Real Estate firm based in Dubai. My client has gone from strength to strength this year and is involved in some of the most iconic projects in the region. Due to this significant growth and a number of high profile projects already lined up they have identified a need for a Corporate Controller.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for ensuring the adequacy and sustainability of the internal control environment, risk management processes, financial processes and procedures, financial and managerial reporting capability, going concern and bank covenants, tax planning and compliance, Joint Venture and funds management. This position leads and develops the business finance and control function across the company and liaises with Region/ Country Finance Directors, Financial Planning & Analysis, Development Planning & Analysis, Risk Management & Compliance and the outsourced Treasury function to accomplish its objectives. The Corporate Controller plays an integral role in the approval process for all incremental investments and developments to ensure appropriate assumptions.
- Lead assessment of accounting and tax ramifications of major business transactions and investments.
- Ensure the development and capital expenditure requests as well as other significant transactions (e.g. M&A, multi-year agreements, strategic customer agreements) incorporate appropriate accounting assumptions and address all relevant business and financial risks.
- Monitor and report on all property asset management financials to manage asset cash flows, collections and payments.
- Develop and implement tax saving strategies.
- Ensure financial control processes across the business are operating efficiently and effectively, and support business unit activities.
- Identify, plan, lead and implement improvements to the control environment, including ownership and changes to financial policies and procedures and delegation of authority manuals.
- Assess, communicate and manage all financial risks.
- Ensure timely implementation of internal and external audit recommendations in all locations.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee all cash and debt management activities of outsourced treasury function (
- Evaluate and recommend insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Ensure processes and capability to perform actuals vs. budget analysis.
- Ensure all statutory financials are prepared and filed in a timely and accurate manner for all legal entities, including complying with local tax laws and regulations and tax filings.
- Ensure that all filings or ad-hoc requirements by lenders, credit rating agencies or other commercial or investment banks are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure integrity of financial processes that directly or indirectly support and impact financial reporting throughout the company.
- Ensure regular balance sheet, P&L and cash flow reviews as well as timely reconciliation of all cash, bank and intercompany balances.
- Lead the development and implementation of best practice tools, financial applications (e.g. GL, Hyperion) and process changes to improve accuracy, timeliness and cost effectiveness of financial processing and reporting.
- Lead all financial reporting policy and framework.
- Manage the flow of information between asset management/ strategic JV's or managed funds on the one hand, and property services (leasing, facility management, asset marketing, etc.) on the other.
- Ensure compliance with all local and corporate laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintain the company's systems and charts of accounts, including custodianship of all books and records on company transactions and assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance requirements (e.g. representation letters, code of conduct, JV governance, conflict of interest disclosure).
- Communicate and resolve accounting, reporting, and control issues across all countries and head office.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors in support of their requirements.
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of region and country controllers to ensure appropriate bench building and functional excellence in order to support country finance heads.
- Develop appropriate people plans for all head office and country control teams, including skill assessment and personal development plans.
- Identify, plan, lead and implement all efforts in technical and functional training and coaching.
- Support the CFO in decision making and in ensuring the health of the finance function.
- Minimum 15 years of post-qualification experience working within a Finance support function, with exposure to FP&A and strategic planning responsibilities in an international environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of accounting systems, controls and processes.
- Solid knowledge of real estate development and construction accounting.
- Involvement in real estate acquisitions, joint ventures, fund accounting and partnerships.
- Demonstrated success in managing and building talent.
- Knowledge of processes and value drivers within a reputed commercial real estate development / management organization in GCC or abroad in a similar role.
- Experience in working with Oracle e-Business Suite, HFM and Yardi.
- Financial literacy and strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
Up to $260,000 per annum plus excellent Family benefits