Country COBAM Specialist
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai Dubai AE
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Jul 18 2018-07-14
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
The Role Responsibilities
- Manage an allocated portfolio of client CDDs through:
- Working closely with RMs and wider CDD stakeholders such as the CDD team in Chennai and global compliance teams
- Developing an execution plan in order to complete CDDs by required deadlines
- Follow-up and collect documents from client (depending on client sensitivities) ensuring the "Once to Client" rule is adhered to as much as is practical;
- Review documentation received from Client/ RM/to:
- Ensure documentation "correctness" (i.e. that the document is "true"/ accurate and conforming to relevant standards)
- Ensure documentation "completeness" (i.e. that all documents required for CDD/AO have been obtained and all required fields in AO form are filled in)
- Scan, upload and correctly tag the documents per global documentation standards & process;
- Initiate and track eBBS Account opening, and signature updates/amendments with account services;
- Ensure handover of physical documentation for archival as per local requirements;
- Track TAT due diligence completion, identify blockages/ hotspots and timely escalations
- Develop recognized knowledge and expertise in the CDD review policies, procedures and systems.
Legal Documentation Coordination & Tracking:
- From the moment the BCA is approved initiate the legal documentation process, coordinating between all internal stakeholders and appropriate approvers (ie; Business, Legal, Credit) and ARM/RM (or directly with client depending on client sensitivities) to progress the agreement and signing of the documentation.
- Act as a central coordination point, tracking where the bottlenecks are to sign off and managing the process to become more efficient and ultimately speed up TAT
- Establish and become a Centre of Excellence for the SCB Legal documentation framework, ensuring all documentation is in line with SCB standards, or exceptions are signed off and approved in line with SCB policy
- Others (Document Management, MIS & Process Insights)
- Track document expiry/ document update triggers and action document collection from client;
- Manage document inventory and enable retrieval of CDD & AO documents;
- Maintain relevant MIS on E2E on boarding process (from client request, BCA approval to confirmation to client account opening), ultimately demonstrating a faster TAT for execution;
- Participating in key projects and ad hoc duties & responsibilities to reduce overdue statistics, enhance quality of cases and service, increase capacity, manage all client on boarding risks and generally add value to the process and BAU
- CDD Making/Checking ( Maker/COBAM Specialist can be the same person, however Checker has to be different individual )
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of CDD applications/renewals, identification of required documentation, sourcing of underlying documents, and maintenance of eCDD+ static data
- Source client data from Internet. Intranet and bespoke data providers/GAM/FAM teams as required.
- Customized research activity needs to be undertaken for different client segments - the same should be validated for on boarding clients through the process of raising CDD profiles.
- Put in place CDD on a timely basis in accordance with agreed standards.
- Put in place CDD documentation/eCDD+ records for customers on direction from GAM/FAM teams.
- Obtain any missing client documentation by follow-up with GAM/FAM/ Clients directly.
- Plan/prioritize and track CDD review workload to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain CDD database for the client portfolio segment.
- Cross train other team members to provide intra team resource cover.
- Understand and comply with all relevant policies and procedures issued by the Group FCC on CDD and other related AML, Sanctions, PEP procedures as detailed on bank's intranet web page.
- Ensure timely completion of Trigger Reviews as per timelines stipulated under trigger review process.
- Ensure timely escalation to stakeholders for any missing information/documentation/ delays in the process to ensure overdue thresholds do not breach.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work well with teams, stakeholders and be a team player
- Tenacity in seeing work through to completion
- Ability to manage a varied portfolio of cases
- Influencing and strong problem solving skills
- Solution Centric Individual thinking client first
- Operational experience (cross product)
- Diligent and detail oriented
- Knowledge of CDD policy and procedures
- Knowledge of AML & Sanctions Policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Commercial & Corporate Banking Products
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Prior experience in Corporate KYC/CDD would be an advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.