We are looking for a candidate to join the Risk & Quantitative Analytics Team of an established private investment management company. The roles primary responsibilities are managing the companies master database, effective data quality control and maintenance, improving data capture and process efficiency through automation, troubleshooting data and database issues, improving visualisations and supporting the Risk Team on routine tasks. Considerable growth opportunity exists for a candidate passionate to learn more about finance, investments and risk management.
Role & Responsibilities
- Liaise with the IT vendor to ensure the Master database is properly maintained including data tables, platform stability and interfaces;
- Ensure quality assurance of data capture across the company so that data is accurate and timely. Verify data consistency between different systems and reports;
- Troubleshoot data issues involving liaison with the Operations and Investment Teams to investigate and resolve data issues;
- Continual enhancement and improvement of the data platform including the database, interfaces, data capture processes and reports/visualisations;
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing;
- Maintenance of Power BI reports ensuring they are up to date with accurate data. Enhance and improve on the presentation and visualisation of data;
- Support the Risk Team with the maintenance of regular risk/performance/portfolio reports and provide ad-hoc support as required;
- Learn to investigate and understand risk and performance drivers across the portfolio.
Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant IT/Science subject
Prior work experience as a data analyst or in a related field. Role would best suit someone with 3-5 years’ experience.
Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and databases.
Good knowledge in any of the following highly desirable: SQL, VBA, Power BI or related IT/programming-skills
Willingness and motivation to become a proficient user of our databases/portfolio management/reporting systems (including Bloomberg, Power BI and others)
Basic knowledge of Finance and/or Investments (either through studies and/or first work experience) would be a strong advantage
Strong work ethic including exceptional attention to detail, high degree of responsibility and accountability, dependability and self-motivation
True team player qualities and strong communication skills are essential